Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick 70: Felix Sandstrom, G, Brynas J20 (Sweden)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Boy did I think Felix was going to be a good one. Such impressive athleticism. Good size. But I’m not counting on him for anything anymore; sort of in the Rubtsov category—I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he comes to the AHL & shows his former promise.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He had a couple of immense games early this season when he was playing regularly...

I mean, outside of one game this year (vs Mora) he has been fine to good every game.

Problem is he has only had 3 starts since the start of November.

He played well in all 3... .924 sv% across the three without letting in more than 2 goals in any game, or posting under .905 in any.

Will he be a future NHL starter? Who knows... but he has not lost his talent, and last season was basically a write-off with his illness.

I can imagine him coming to the AHL and being solid at worst right off the bat.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Spinning that playing behind a bad ECHL defense — in an unstructured environment without any NHL (even tweener) caliber talent on either side — for a seasoned professional in their 5th year post-draft as a good thing remains a disgrace. There’s nothing that indicates that environment is better preparation for the NHL level. In fact, it’s not hard to see the lack of talent and sloppiness of play leading to bad habits. But hey, go Berube.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
All I can say...it was a great PeeWee game!
Laberge stood out and Sandy survived with the win!
Also a few Flyers sweaters scattered around Mile One!
Hope those two guys find their way back to Oz...sorry....Leigh Valley!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Spinning that playing behind a bad ECHL defense — in an unstructured environment without any NHL (even tweener) caliber talent on either side — for a seasoned professional in their 5th year post-draft as a good thing remains a disgrace. There’s nothing that indicates that environment is better preparation for the NHL level. In fact, it’s not hard to see the lack of talent and sloppiness of play leading to bad habits. But hey, go Berube.

Tonight was just comedy. He stopped 27/32 shots and actually made some great saves. In the last 2 minutes with a 6-5 lead the Reading D both jumped into play at one point, did not clear the net, and he had to make 2x rebound stops in front.

He is not a puck-playing goalie in general (can do it but it not super active)... and in the 3rd period he was going out half the time to play the puck up ice as if he did not an opposition fwd would get it.

I will say he should have stopped goal #4... it was a decent quick shot from the wing and he missed it with glove. And THAT is the one area that he still needs work on. Though generally more "low" glove and this was mid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad