Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Edm in 6

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Edm in 7

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy with some nice words for Sakic and the team.

"I am an Avalanche fan, seriously," said Roy, the former Colorado goalie and coach. "I have so much respect for 'Landy' (captain Gabriel Landeskog) and Nate (MacKinnon).

"It was a privilege coaching those guys. Joe (Sakic, the Avalanche general manager) gave me the opportunity. I have so much respect for Joe. He's been doing a very good job, building that team, putting it together."

"At the end of the day, they're fun to watch, they're good for the game," Roy said of MacKinnon and Makar. "They're what our game needs, not just for the pro level but for the juniors as well. High tempo and playing that way, these guys are models for younger players. They're certainly going to bring our game to another level and that's what we need."

Roy tried unsuccessfully to connect with Sakic through huge crowds on May 3 at the Montreal funeral of Canadiens legend Guy Lafleur.

"So, I texted Joe and wished him good luck," he said. "I told him 'You guys are fun to watch. This is very entertaining. The people in Denver are very lucky to have such a great team, and a team that is exciting to watch.'"

"I think the guys are hungry and knowing Landy and Nate, they're going to make sure their guys are ready," Roy said. "There's no doubt in my mind that they will. Landeskog is a really good captain. He's a phenomenal leader, he plays a 200-foot game, he has a really solid head on his shoulders and I'm sure he'll make sure his teammates are ready.

"I'm speaking from experience, I worked with him for three years there. He was already the leader of the team then … smart, making good decisions, capable of talking to the guys. Now he's even more experienced. And MacKinnon, when he gets on his horse and flies, my God, he's fun to watch.

"I'm sure they're on a mission, like we were in 2001 for Ray. It's impressive. I'm happy for the fans in Denver and I'm happy for Joe, he's been doing a very good job. I'm just going to put my feet up and watch it on TV. It's going to be fun. The Final will be great hockey and it will be great for the game."

Roy Will Be Rooting For Avalanche

Last edited:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Some of these names were awful. MacDermid would be a solid contributor back on those teams. Probably a keystone third liner for many of those Avs teams. Hockey has come a long way too.

Away from the fighting and ability to get into other guys heads, I still maintain MacDermid is the least talented player in the NHL this year who got more than 20 games played.
I thought that when he played forward, but when he got switched to defense as a 6th defencemen he looked like a natural. Even if he couldnt fight I would say he added to the lineup in a 6th defencemen role. Positionally good and smart stay-at-home defense

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I thought that when he played forward, but when he got switched to defense as a 6th defencemen he looked like a natural. Even if he couldnt fight I would say he added to the lineup in a 6th defencemen role. Positionally good and smart stay-at-home defense
He is by far a worse defender than he is a forward so I have no idea if this is a meme on the forum or just an odd take.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Uhhh whaaaa?

Reactions: The Moops

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Roy with some nice words for Sakic and the team.

"I am an Avalanche fan, seriously," said Roy, the former Colorado goalie and coach. "I have so much respect for 'Landy' (captain Gabriel Landeskog) and Nate (MacKinnon).

"It was a privilege coaching those guys. Joe (Sakic, the Avalanche general manager) gave me the opportunity. I have so much respect for Joe. He's been doing a very good job, building that team, putting it together."

"At the end of the day, they're fun to watch, they're good for the game," Roy said of MacKinnon and Makar. "They're what our game needs, not just for the pro level but for the juniors as well. High tempo and playing that way, these guys are models for younger players. They're certainly going to bring our game to another level and that's what we need."

Roy tried unsuccessfully to connect with Sakic through huge crowds on May 3 at the Montreal funeral of Canadiens legend Guy Lafleur.

"So, I texted Joe and wished him good luck," he said. "I told him 'You guys are fun to watch. This is very entertaining. The people in Denver are very lucky to have such a great team, and a team that is exciting to watch.'"

"I think the guys are hungry and knowing Landy and Nate, they're going to make sure their guys are ready," Roy said. "There's no doubt in my mind that they will. Landeskog is a really good captain. He's a phenomenal leader, he plays a 200-foot game, he has a really solid head on his shoulders and I'm sure he'll make sure his teammates are ready.

"I'm speaking from experience, I worked with him for three years there. He was already the leader of the team then … smart, making good decisions, capable of talking to the guys. Now he's even more experienced. And MacKinnon, when he gets on his horse and flies, my God, he's fun to watch.

"I'm sure they're on a mission, like we were in 2001 for Ray. It's impressive. I'm happy for the fans in Denver and I'm happy for Joe, he's been doing a very good job. I'm just going to put my feet up and watch it on TV. It's going to be fun. The Final will be great hockey and it will be great for the game."

Roy Will Be Rooting For Avalanche
The healing between Joe and Patrick has begun. We need them to be buds again.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice to see those words from Roy. It's always good to have the GOAT goalie on your side.

The healing between Joe and Patrick has begun. We need them to be buds again.

No reason for Sakic to still be mad about it (if he ever was). Roy taking his puck and going home resulted in the Avs getting a real HC and Makar in the process. It's a win for him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

The f***?

I'll admit MacDermid looks more comfortable on defense than at forward but he is one of the worst players in the NHL at any position. Period. Not good positionally at all, and most certainly NOT smart. He at least cleaned up his game after an uproariously horrid start, but he was still bad.

Look, I suppose I'm fine with him on spot duty during the regular season but any of y'all pushing for him to be in the lineup in the playoffs are on several vials of crack.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
The f***?

I'll admit MacDermid looks more comfortable on defense than at forward but he is one of the worst players in the NHL at any position. Period. Not good positionally at all, and most certainly NOT smart. He at least cleaned up his game after an uproariously horrid start, but he was still bad.

Look, I suppose I'm fine with him on spot duty during the regular season but any of y'all pushing for him to be in the lineup in the playoffs are on several vials of crack.
Yea, but what size vial.

1655234337736.png

Reactions: expatriatedtexan
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Oilers fans hate for Makar is getting hilarious. Reminds me of the game we played against them in the regular season where they were ranting and raving that Makar was a diver and the clip that they kept using was Burakovsky taking a highstick to the face.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad