Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Edm in 7

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The Avs have made it to the Western Conference Finals for the first time since 2002

:avs

Round 1: Defeated Nashville in 4
Round 2: Defeated St. Louis in 6

Top Scorers:

Nathan MacKinnon: 8G 5A 13P
Cale Makar: 3G 10A 13P
Gabriel Landeskog: 6G 5A 11P

:edmonton

Round 1: Defeated Los Angeles in 7
Round 2: Defeated Calgary in 5

Top Scorers:

Connor McDavid: 7G 19A 26P
Leon Draisaitl: 7G 19A 26P
Evander Kane: 12G 3A 15P

Schedule
Date
Site
Time (ET)
TV
Tue., May 31​
at Colorado​
8 p.m.​
TNT, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports​
Thu., June 2​
at Colorado​
8 p.m.​
Sat., June 4​
at Edmonton​
8 p.m.​
Mon., June 6​
at Edmonton​
8 p.m.​
*Wed., June 8​
at Colorado​
TBD​
TBD​
*Fri., June 10​
at Edmonton​
TBD​
TBD​
*Sun., June 12​
at Colorado​
TBD​
TBD​

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Congratulations my Avs friends.

Very excited to see this Series with the matchup between the amazing offensive talents on each side.

Really, really happy to see your Boys get passed the 2nd Round - especially Mackinnon

Cheers,
EEA44906-2903-4FA4-9015-7652EE01738D.jpeg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This should be an easier series then the Blues. But it all depends on the superstars.

If you can contain McDavid and Draisaitl to an average of 1.5 goals per game, that means the Oilers in general are likely only scoring ~2.5 Goals per game and the Avs should be able to outduel that against that Edmonton Defense.

Big wild card is gonna be Kuemper though. Blues series Kuemper cannot come back in the 3rd round. If he does we are probably in trouble.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
This should be an easier series then the Blues. But it all depends on the superstars.

If you can contain McDavid and Draisaitl to an average of 1.5 goals per game, that means the Oilers in general are likely only scoring ~2.5 Goals per game and the Avs should be able to outduel that against that Edmonton Defense.

Big wild card is gonna be Kuemper though. Blues series Kuemper cannot come back in the 3rd round. If he does we are probably in trouble.
Yah, Flames goalie had total meltdown and it cost them the playoffs.

Been there done that before... Vs Dallas.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm conflicted here. On one hand the Oilers absolutely load up that top line with McDavid - Draisaitl - Kane, and matching them with Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen (if he decides he feels like playing) could equalize things (since neither line is going to be fully stopped).

On the other hand... if the Avs are looking to roll a Nichushkin - Kadri - Lehkonen line against them in purely defensive role, that top line might be able to feast on the Nugent-Hopkins line all series long.

Whatever happens, the Avs need to make life difficult for Mike Smith. Lots of traffic and lots of point shots with redirects looking for rebounds. He thrives off of side-to-side plays because he plays so deep in his net.

In order to beat the Oilers, it's going to take every player busting his ass on every shift because this team is no pushover. Not only that, but games in Edmonton are intimidating AF. I don't care what anyone says, these guys are still human and that Oilers arena is the loudest in the league remaining. I hope everyone comes ready to play.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
McDavid/Draisaitl going on a tear is really the only threat. As a team they suck and it's a miracle they made it this far.
Well, I don't think EDM sucks at all esp if you've watched them play but they clearly don't have as much talent top to bottom like the Avs do. That's definitely a fact. That said, EDM has definitely been a different team since the coaching change. Jay Woodcroft has changed the entire team and how they play. I believe they had the second best record in the entire league when he did take over. Some of the moves Holland made has def helped also. Plus, the games were very close in the regular season between both teams under Woodcroft's coaching. Either way the Avs are huge favorites and rightfully so. They have a damn good team and they should advance. IMO I think it might finally be their year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad