• Edm in 6

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Edm in 7

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Was that his rookie season? Would be pretty crazy to win in your rookie season and then again so many years later. I wonder if he'll call it after this year if we win the cup. Cap both ends of your career with a cup - would be a good way to end it! Although, with how he's played, it looks like he's still got more in the tank.

I believe so, 2007 maybe? Pretty cool to see him making such an impact now, a perfect 4th liner and PKer for this team.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Some of these names were awful. MacDermid would be a solid contributor back on those teams. Probably a keystone third liner for many of those Avs teams. Hockey has come a long way too.

Away from the fighting and ability to get into other guys heads, I still maintain MacDermid is the least talented player in the NHL this year who got more than 20 games played.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bednar was on NHL Radio this morning, caught only the tail end of the interview, but near the end Scott Laughlin passed along the message that Bruce Boudreau said he wanted to be the first-ever coach to win championships as a head coach at the ECHL, AHL, and NHL levels, but he was sending well wishes to Bednar to do it first. Bednar lavished praise on Boudreau when they were both coming up as coaches in the Washington system, South Carolina and Hershey, respectively, said he was taken under Boudreau's wing and learned a lot from him. I can see some of the similarities in their systems, both prefer an aggressive, up-tempo approach.

Also learned that Jon Cooper has won championships as a head coach at the NAHL, USHL, AHL, and (obviously) NHL levels, but never coached in the ECHL.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Bednar was on NHL Radio this morning, caught only the tail end of the interview, but near the end Scott Laughlin passed along the message that Bruce Boudreau said he wanted to be the first-ever coach to win championships as a head coach at the ECHL, AHL, and NHL levels, but he was sending well wishes to Bednar to do it first. Bednar lavished praise on Boudreau when they were both coming up as coaches in the Washington system, South Carolina and Hershey, respectively, said he was taken under Boudreau's wing and learned a lot from him. I can see some of the similarities in their systems, both prefer an aggressive, up-tempo approach.

Also learned that Jon Cooper has won championships as a head coach at the NAHL, USHL, AHL, and (obviously) NHL levels, but never coached in the ECHL.
Damn. Hell of a resume for Cooper. Hopefully Jared can make a similar claim.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Uhhhh there is a concert scheduled in Ball Arena on the 18th by the way. What does that mean for game 1 if Tampa/NY go to 7 games?

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 3.53.44 PM.png

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Uhhhh there is a concert scheduled in Ball Arena on the 18th by the way. What does that mean for game 1 if Tampa/NY go to 7 games?

View attachment 557514
How about we tell Carin Leon to f*** right off. I don't know who he is, nor do I care. Avs trump everything. f*** that guy and everything he stands for.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
How about we tell Carin Leon to f*** right off. I don't know who he is, nor do I care. Avs trump everything. f*** that guy and everything he stands for.
They will move it. If ECF goes to game 7 it would conflict with a Justin Bieber show at MSG and no one seems too worried about moving the concert date. I'm sure the clauses have clear outs making the sports team tenants priority #1.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kind of feel bad for Jost now that the team is in the finals. You can't even say that Sturm has even made a difference in the playoffs at all.

For all the hate he got you can't tell me he's worse than NAK on the third line right now.
Oh, he absolutely would be worse than NAK on the 3rd line. NAK has had his fair share of poor games this postseason and isn't scoring but the games he's played well, he's been very noticeable.

Jost does nothing positive on the ice. Nothing.

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kind of feel bad for Jost now that the team is in the finals. You can't even say that Sturm has even made a difference in the playoffs at all.

For all the hate he got you can't tell me he's worse than NAK on the third line right now.

You kidding right now?

Jost was a liability in the playoffs in every run except for one.

And YES, Aube-Kubel is better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad