GDT: Round 3 (Can You Believe It?!) Game 1: EDM @ COL aka Mc v. Mac (8PM ET)

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
Time to lower the boom! Take it to 'em!
lowertheboom.gif

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
I have a feeling that MacK will score first goal of the game. He's going to test the waters as it were , do a full skate the length of the ice with puck control and pop one past smith with brilliant execution.
This action will show the bench where the holes are so to speak.
Anxiety is getting the better of me , let's do this !!!!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I wonder what 3rd-round MacKinnon looks like. Hopefully it's similar to 1st-round MacKinnon.
It probably be closer to all playoff Rantanen. Mackinnon probably been losing sleep at the idea of facing Connor and Leon. Two players far superior then him. Hes about to be exposed on a national stage. He might not ever recover. 6-2 Oilers.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
346P1Qi.png

If you don't mind, this Flames fan is fully on the Avalanche bandwagon. Calgary[well most of us] are cheering big time for the Avs. Hope to see the hometown guy Makar go far.

I really feel like the Flames made the oilers look 5x better than they actually are. The defense was a complete gong show, especially without Tanev for most of the series, and were quite inexperienced. Then you have Jacob '.800 sv%' Markstrom who could not stop a beach ball. Very different team from what we've seen most of the year. Even then, the Flames still had plenty chances going into the third period tied in most games. Just couldn't stop or find that extra goal. If Kuemper can hold even a .900%, you'll have a really good chance, lol.

Anyway, I'm not just cheering for the Avs this round, but I hope the Avs go all the way and win the cup. Hope to be around the game thread.
Go Avs Go!
Come on in. Take off your shoes and stay awhile. You are welcome here.

Reactions: JurassicTunga

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Not feeling good about this one, not sure why. Just a feeling that Colorado may fall behind by a couple early and will be chasing it all game.

Reactions: missionAvs

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not feeling good about this one, not sure why. Just a feeling that Colorado may fall behind by a couple early and will be chasing it all game.
You feel this way because the combination of McDrai and Kuemper. If Kuemper didnt look like Miska last round you probably would be feeling better about tonight right?

Reactions: Btas

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
This series shows a lot of homers who the actual second best forward in the world is.

And it's not even close.

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
I think (hope) the Avs will commit to a ferocious forecheck all series and push each game. Hard.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think (hope) the Avs will commit to a ferocious forecheck all series and push each game. Hard.

The forecheck has to be the single biggest thing this postseason that has impressed me this year. Seems like they learned a lesson from Vegas last year, their forecheck has been phenomenal through two rounds.

Edmonton's defense better be ready to make quick decisions.

Reactions: Bender and Snow Arc

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
IDK why, but I feel getting the 2nd round monkey off their backs will allow them to play looser and much better.

They won't "shut down" the Oilers' top line. No one can. Limit them to just a couple of goals, and get 3-4 past Smith and they can win every game this series. We all know Avs are deeper, and vastly superior on defense, but if Kuemper plays like ass, and they allow McDrai to go off every game, they'll get beat.

Absolutely, the optimist in me wants to think getting past the 2nd round was a massive mental hurdle for the core of this team and that anything after will be house money for them. I just hope our depth wins out here with the way Mcdrai are playing. If you had told me we would be playing the Oilers in the WCF at the beginning of the year, I'd be ecstatic but now definitely cautious optimism. Tonight will be telling.

I really want to see Keumper have a strong performance tonight. He holds the keys to a long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASmileyFace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad