GDT: Round 3 (Can You Believe It?!) Game 1: EDM @ COL aka Mc v. Mac (8PM ET)

TheGrimReaper

ten years gone
Aug 20, 2020
gallows pole
Bring on the oil , gonna be rockin @ the Ball tonight !

and the oil fanbase all said........

Attachments

• greta-how-dare-you.gif
    greta-how-dare-you.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
346P1Qi.png

If you don't mind, this Flames fan is fully on the Avalanche bandwagon. Calgary is cheering big time for the Avs. Hope to see the hometown guy Makar go far.

I really feel like the Flames made the oilers look 5x better than they actually are. The defense was a complete gong show, especially without Tanev for most of the series, and were quite inexperienced. Then you have Jacob '.800 sv%' Markstrom who could not stop a beach ball. Very different team from what we've seen most of the year. Even then, the Flames still had plenty chances going into the third period tied in most games. Just couldn't stop or find that extra goal. If Kuemper can hold even a .900%, you'll have a really good chance, lol.

Anyway, I'm not just cheering for the Avs this round, but I hope the Avs go all the way and win the cup. Hope to be around the game thread.
Go Avs Go!

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
346P1Qi.png

If you don't mind, this Flames fan is fully on the Avalanche bandwagon. Calgary[well most of us] are cheering big time for the Avs. Hope to see the hometown guy Makar go far.

I really feel like the Flames made the oilers look 5x better than they actually are. The defense was a complete gong show, especially without Tanev for most of the series, and were quite inexperienced. Then you have Jacob '.800 sv%' Markstrom who could not stop a beach ball. Very different team from what we've seen most of the year. Even then, the Flames still had plenty chances going into the third period tied in most games. Just couldn't stop or find that extra goal. If Kuemper can hold even a .900%, you'll have a really good chance, lol.

Anyway, I'm not just cheering for the Avs this round, but I hope the Avs go all the way and win the cup. Hope to be around the game thread.
Go Avs Go!

Edmonton fans enjoyed it to no end when the Avs dummied the Flames in 2019. Hoping we can return the favor for you guys.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
346P1Qi.png

If you don't mind, this Flames fan is fully on the Avalanche bandwagon. Calgary[well most of us] are cheering big time for the Avs. Hope to see the hometown guy Makar go far.

Go Avs Go!

Welcome aboard! Feel free to hang out with us too if you would like.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
IDK why, but I feel getting the 2nd round monkey off their backs will allow them to play looser and much better.

They won't "shut down" the Oilers' top line. No one can. Limit them to just a couple of goals, and get 3-4 past Smith and they can win every game this series. We all know Avs are deeper, and vastly superior on defense, but if Kuemper plays like ass, and they allow McDrai to go off every game, they'll get beat.

Reactions: AvsWraith

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
We've got a solid D corps which Calgary didn't. If we can keep McDavid to the outside, or at least try, then we should be able to limit him to 1 pt per game. We've got the depth to carry us once we slow their top line.

Avs in 6.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I know getting past the second round was huge but losing in the WCF will still sting quite badly if they don't win.

Just look back at 97, 99, 00, and 02....

Reactions: Nihiliste

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Damn Oilers should have signed Kerfoot as well so they could sweep the AVes
lol.

Kerfoot and Barrie can't coexist on the same team anymore. Harvard-trained intellectuals like Kerfoot don't mesh well with Barrie, who - without Mackinnon's careful guidance - has become a drug-abusing tough guy.

Reactions: Koolboss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad