Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Axel Andersson at eliteprospects.com

1.PNG

Reactions: maxbme

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
While I would've liked a center, I like that they made a high risk high reward type of selection here.

Reactions: Gator Mike

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Don't know the kid. Slight reach according to a lot of experts but that doesn't mean much to me in the late 2nd round. Future 2nd/3rd pairing defenseman? I'm guessing he plays the right side?

Edit: Read the scouting report. The one issue I see is that he's soft and we already have a few of those guys on defense.

Last edited:

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Swedish offensive defenseman? Happy with the pick at the spot - defense wins championships and the Bruins appear (for the time being) loaded in their pool, building a special group. I like it!

Welcome aboard, Axel!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Kid seems to have a nice skill set that is made for the way the game is trending. Cool as heck name, so obviously a good pick.

Reactions: Thrive

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
This is a great analytics write-up on Axel Andersson. Definitely sold me on him a bit more. Team seemed to do drastically better when he is on the ice.

Nailed this part: "If a Swedish scout for one team feels very strongly about him, we could see him go in the late second round. He will be a longer-term project but his skills leave a sense that Andersson has even more to give."

axel-andersson-percentiles.png

CANUCKSARMY’S 2018 NHL DRAFT PROFILES: #75 Axel Andersson

@BruinDust completely missed you posting this earlier. My bad.

Last edited:

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
nice upside. axel andersson was clearly the main playmaking defenseman for sweden. he was the engine that made things happen. he's very young so probably at least 2 years away. but something to look forward to when the bruins clutch of young defensive prospects finally 'hatch'. hopefully he can continue to improve his game and put on about 20 pounds of muscle in the next 2 years.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Considering the Bruins are set at RD for a long time with Carlo and McAvoy it makes sense to pick more of a project player like Axel.

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
what a great hockey name- Axel Andersson. Ranks up there with my favorite, Bates Battaglia :)
There was a guy called:
Nando Eggenberger

Unfortunately, he did get drafted, although some people had him at #90.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad