Pre-Game Talk: Round 2 | Penguins vs Capitals/Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Going into season a lot of us just wanted this year to be a transition year and hopefully add some young pieces.

Having done what we have so far will you guys be disappointed if we lose to the caps this season? Theyve been really good but the pens have been playing incredible.

For me its Cup or Bust.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I will always be unhappy if we lose to either the Caps or Flyers. But on the whole, this season has been highly satisfying and I don't know that I'll feel differently even if we lose in say a coin flip against a division rival. But I expect them to be very competitive, and I feel there's a better than decent chance that we'd beat either team.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Yeah I agree, cup or bust. Let's assume the Caps hold on to beat the Flyers. Midway through the season I wouldn't have given us a chance against the Caps, but I honestly think we might be favoured coming into this series. Our defense has been stellar, our stars are at the top of their game, and the forechecking abilities we're seeing from some of the depth guys is second to none. On top of that, I think there are areas of the Caps game that we can exploit in a long series. All in all, I'm feeling great about our chances, but it should be a fantastic series either way.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The latest game 7's planned are for the preds/ducks and caps/flyers for the 27th. The isles/panthers and stars/wild game 7's are on the 26th.

I would expect atleast one of the 4 to go to game 7 so I'd say we start between 28-30.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully the Flyers/Caps series goes real long. 7 games with a couple triple OTs in the final two.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
The longish break will afford some of our guys who are banged up (and honestly, who isn't around this time of the year) some time to heal though. That could be very beneficial if we are to go on a deep run.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah theyve shown they dont play well after breaks. Going to be a one week break now.

There was also some pretty serious roster turnover too. I dunno. I have more faith in Sullivan to right that ship after a period than I had in Johnston to figure out over a season that there might be a problem.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hopefully the Flyers/Caps series goes real long. 7 games with a couple triple OTs in the final two.

Game 6 tomorrow starts at noon...that throws a potential extra bit of randomness into the game. Could make for some frustration if some players can't get up for it.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Would love to see this team dismantle Philly, if it's even a possibility that Philly could make it.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Game 6 tomorrow starts at noon...that throws a potential extra bit of randomness into the game. Could make for some frustration if some players can't get up for it.

I hope the series goes 7 with a ton of overtimes and they beat each other into oblivion. I will root for the flyers winning inasmuch as it would be lots funnier for the caps to blow a 3-0 lead... even though the filthy flyers would cheap shot us all series long for sure...

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I hope the series goes 7 with a ton of overtimes and they beat each other into oblivion. I will root for the flyers winning inasmuch as it would be lots funnier for the caps to blow a 3-0 lead... even though the filthy flyers would cheap shot us all series long for sure...

If Couturier is out long term, I'd feel good about our chances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad