Pre-Game Talk: Round 2 | Penguins vs Capitals/Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
My friend who is a caps fan thinks they will win the cup. If they lose the series he better get ready. Im never going to let him forget it.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
would much rather face the flyers. We'd beat them, no doubt. especially with Courterier out, Malkin would have a field day with their bottom 4 D. With the Caps, its a toss up, i see it going 7 games. So all that said, GO FLYERS!!!!!! :o:baghead:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
A stat that sticks out to me: Caps are way over-reliant on the PP (8 of 13 total goals on the PP) against an awful PK team, only scoring 1 ES goal a game. We scored 13 ES goals in 5 games.

Pens in 6, I'd be surprised if the wise guys don't put odds on us.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Like I said, I'm rooting for injury.

You know before I'd say something like that.

Even for a player like Kunitz to actually get one.

But you know rooting for an injury imo isn't cool. I don't want players getting a concussion or something else.

I'd prefer a injury less playoffs for all the time.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I remember being elated when the Canadiens beat the Caps for us in 2010. But the result was... less than ideal.

Ultimately, I think I want the Caps to move on to round two. It's good for the NHL. And the Flyers don't deserve another shock-the-world 0-3 comeback.

Let it go to seven games, sure. But I'm ready for the main event. Pens-Caps.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I remember being elated when the Canadiens beat the Caps for us in 2010. But the result was... less than ideal.

Ultimately, I think I want the Caps to move on to round two. It's good for the NHL. And the Flyers don't deserve another shock-the-world 0-3 comeback.

Let it go to seven games, sure. But I'm ready for the main event. Pens-Caps.

Does this extend to the Blues and Hawks?

Or should we be wanting the Hawks (should we get that far) and show that we've got to be the ones to knock the Emperors (should we get that far) off of their throne?

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Pens vs Caps is duo for round 2. Can't believe Crosby and Ovi have only played once against each other in the playoffs in like 10 years. As much i'd rather play the flyers. But from pure entertainment standpoint, Pens/Caps will be epic.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens on rest has been proven to be interesting :laugh: They aren't exactly fast starters after resting. They had a lull in almost 2 full games against the Rangers until they found their form. They did it during the regular season, too. I remember we had a 3 day off period then played the Devils I believe and got shut out.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
What's the hardest path remaining?

Caps/Tampa/Dallas?

Caps/Tampa/Chicago?

If we can beat the Caps I won't be too concerned about the Conference Final regardless of who we play. In the finals, I think one of Chicago/St Louis/Anaheim would be the toughest tests.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
If we want to go far in the playoffs we cant be taking 10-15 minutes to get into a groove. Need to be read to play game 1 at puck drop.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
This is the year we exorcise the demons.
Eliminate the Rags, check.
Beat the Flyers at Consol........
Beat the Panthers (Jagr).........
Win a Cup at home..........

"Our destiny chooses us"

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Here is the thing to remember... if the Flyers beat the caps in the playoffs, its just the caps choking and that will be the narrative... but if the Pens best the Caps in the playoffs... well now that puts the focus singularly on the NHL's playoff format, which forces the presidents cup winner to play the team with the second most points in the conference in the second round....

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Here is the thing to remember... if the Flyers beat the caps in the playoffs, its just the caps choking and that will be the narrative... but if the Pens best the Caps in the playoffs... well now that puts the focus singularly on the NHL's playoff format, which forces the presidents cup winner to play the team with the second most points in the conference in the second round....

The current format blows.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Does this extend to the Blues and Hawks?

Or should we be wanting the Hawks (should we get that far) and show that we've got to be the ones to knock the Emperors (should we get that far) off of their throne?

Not quite what I mean. It's not about validating the Penguins. WSH-PIT is a bit overdue for a revisit. I think the series would be an awesome one, and, failing a victory, I almost wouldn't mind if the Caps won the Cup. I can't say the same for Chicago... and especially not Philly.

I mean, I won't complain either way, and it may be a fool's wish on my part, but I'd like to see a Big Tent series with lots of stars.

But whatever. I may change my mind as early as tomorrow.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Give me the flyers everday, they barley beat our B team and have like zero good defensive dmen. And no SC to piss off geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->