GDT: Round 2 Game 5 Aves @ Sharkes | 5/4/19 8pm MT | Getting over the Hertl

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Better that he's frustrated than just sulking and accepting a bad game. He'll learn to manage it, maybe even use it. To me he reminds me a bit of Crosby when he was younger, he had a bad rep (totally earned) but he's become a lot more even keeled.

Remember that Mack's still only 23. He trains with Crosby, I imagine he can pick his brain a little to find a better medium ground where he doesn't sacrifice his competitiveness but still manages his frustration better.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yup.. This league has so many dinosaurs everywhere. God forbid a player shows some emotion, if the media had their way every player would be Toews and banish all Subbans.

Toews is one of the biggest babies in the NHL. Everybody forgets his temper tantrums against Detroit in 2013 when his team was down 3-1 but those were more embarrassing than anything MacKinnon did last night.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Toews is one of the biggest babies in the NHL. Everybody forgets his temper tantrums against Detroit in 2013 when his team was down 3-1 but those were more embarrassing than anything MacKinnon did last night.

I agree. Toews is always screaming at the refs when calls aren’t going his way. For some reason the media seems to ignore it because he’s the captain of a Stanley cup team. Either way, it doesn’t matter, these guys are all competitive.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Better that he's frustrated than just sulking and accepting a bad game. He'll learn to manage it, maybe even use it. To me he reminds me a bit of Crosby when he was younger, he had a bad rep (totally earned) but he's become a lot more even keeled.

Remember that Mack's still only 23. He trains with Crosby, I imagine he can pick his brain a little to find a better medium ground where he doesn't sacrifice his competitiveness but still manages his frustration better.

Oh yes. So remember early The Kid. Was being chided by media, old guard, not the least of which was Cherry.. for excessive whining. Yeah, he was so targeted. But as you said, he learned to channel it and, well.. history says it all. Hopefully MacK will glean from his associations with Crosby fer sure. Is what I said early on.. he needs some elder statesmen influence to polish off the supreme talent laced with youthful prickly pears.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Brassard is -2, has 0 points, and only has 5 shots on goal in 6 playoff games...

Yeah... let's keep playing him. Greer, Aggo, Toni, ect. There is no way any of those guys could be any worse. Aggo even has a hat-trick in a AHL playoff game, which is already better.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Just came here to post I hate Stan Kroenke
giphy (12).gif

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Who is Stan Kroenke?

What we need is a good second line center and some secondary scoring. How did Sakic think he was going to get away with this.

:sarcasm:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Who is Stan Kroenke?

What we need is a good second line center and some secondary scoring. How did Sakic think he was going to get away with this.

:sarcasm:
Yah Sakic surely swindled us all with the huge Duchene trade, drafting Makar, and having us in the 2nd round only 2 years after a 48 point season.

That bastard

Reactions: drhiii

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Also, I'm sick of this love fest Dave Randorf has for the San Jose Sharks.

I don't know how many of you are watching the NBC feed vs the CBC/Sportsnet feed, but my god. Randorf sounds like the San Jose version of Cassie Campbell out there.

After Hertl's 2nd goal yesterday, the MacKinnon line came right back out and spent the next shift entirely in the Sharks zone, with good possession and puck movement. Not a peep. Then the Sharks get it, dump it in and start a forecheck and it's all "here they go again! The Sharks get right back to work!"

Dude is not hiding one bit who he seems to be pulling for this series. He seems genuinely excited every time San Jose does anything out there.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

I don't know how many of you are watching the NBC feed vs the CBC/Sportsnet feed, but my god. Randorf sounds like the San Jose version of Cassie Campbell out there.

After Hertl's 2nd goal yesterday, the MacKinnon line came right back out and spent the next shift entirely in the Sharks zone, with good possession and puck movement. Not a peep. Then the Sharks get it, dump it in and start a forecheck and it's all "here they go again! The Sharks get right back to work!"

Dude is not hiding one bit who he seems to be pulling for this series. He seems genuinely excited every time San Jose does anything out there.
At one point the sportsnet guys were saying we were getting "crushed" on faceoffs. The face offs were displayed at 26-20 lol that's pretty good for us

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio

giphy.gif

I’m sure the league & NBC are pulling like crazy for a San Jose-Bawston Finals, because, ratings. Such is the life of a fan who supports a small market team.

Reactions: Avspatti13

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Lol the window opened on game 81.
Yeah, I’m hoping you realize I’m being sarcastic. We’re on the same side, here. I think people do have a point about windows and all, I’m just sick of hearing about it.

Anyway, we don’t ever win Peel reffed games. On to the next one.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah, Im hoping you realize I’m being sarcastic. I think people do have a point about windows and all, I’m just sick of hearing about it.

Anyway, we don’t ever win Peel reffed games. On to the next one.
I didn't recognize your name so I wasn't sure at first. But yah I got ya

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
images

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Wilson - Soderberg - Nieto
Kerfoot - Compher - Calvert
Jost - Brasstard - BorkBork

Cole - EJ
Zadorov - Barrie
Girard - Not Radim Simek

Grubauer

View attachment 224335

Meier - Couture - Nyquist
Kane - Hertl - Donskoi
Sorenson - Thornton - LaBanc
M. Karlsson - Goodrow - Haley

Vlasic - Boourns
E. Karlsson - Dillon
Bench Warmer - Braun

Jones

We lost because of your stupid pun. :sarcasm:

Reactions: forsbergavs32

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Yah it doesn't worry or bother me on the slightest.

The pundits bring it up, because MacKinnon is the star of the series, and they need to fill 10 minutes during intermission.

I would bet my life that you can find tapes of Kelly Hrudey losing his mind when he played.

Kelly Hrudey is a hack. Glenn Healy level kind of colour analyst hack. Never thought anyone could come close to that guy, yet here we are.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay

I can't like this enough. Dave Randorff and DeBrusk are down right f***ing awful. They are beyond f***ing biased and some of their takes on the penalties...like Kane hitting Makar when he didn't have the puck, just makes me cringe...it's like nails on chalkboard.

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Oh, you think we would have already eliminated Vegas in 5 games or something?

Who’s to say we would have even been tied at 2-2 after 4 games with the Knights?

We are still in this series and this was still a better draw for us than VGK. Just my opinion.

I think we could have eliminated Vegas in 6 and the Sharks very well might eliminate us in 6. We never match up against the Sharks well but we have against Vegas all this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad