GDT: Round 2 Game 5 Aves @ Sharkes | 5/4/19 8pm MT | Getting over the Hertl

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
I think we could have eliminated Vegas in 6 and the Sharks very well might eliminate us in 6. We never match up against the Sharks well but we have against Vegas all this year.
Two of our wins against Vegas was against Malcolm Subban. Not Fleury. We have bad records against Vegas with Fleury in the net.

Anyway, this was a real bad juju title.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
IMHO the only reason Sharks series with Knights got to the rubber match was because Jones was absolutely horrific for the first part of the series.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
IMHO the only reason Sharks series with Knights got to the rubber match was because Jones was absolutely horrific for the first part of the series.

Fingers crossed he forgets his pads at home or something this game... I think Sharks are going to put us on the ropes hard here to try to avoid a game 7.

This has been a great series IMO. We've seen the highs and lows of this Avs team, they're learning fortitude and how the playoffs change the game which is huge. Makar and Girard are proving they can handle tough competition at the ripe old age of 20/21. Gru has laid to rest starting netminder concerns for the time being. MacK has kicked it into high gear and Rants hasn't missed a beat despite being injured. Jost has shown flashes of where he could develop to and Nieto has found a lucky rabbit charm. Zadorov has turned into the hulk.

But we're still witnessing overall team depth weaknesses across the board. Every single line has deadweight on it being dragged along. And the team's ability to adapt during a game is still a bit of a struggle. The next game they seem to figure it out instead of the same game. Give them another year to keep growing, add some depth to the roster through FA and player development... there's something with this crew here.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised to see Rants back with MacK and Landy tonight, just like they were in game 4.
I don't think it will start out that way. Mack was handled well by SJ last game, and Bednar is going to want to add some scoring to the second line.

Soderberg and Kerfoot are actively doing all they can to not score at this point, so someone has to step up.

Hopefully Rantanen does

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also, I'm sick of this love fest Dave Randorf has for the San Jose Sharks.

I don't know how many of you are watching the NBC feed vs the CBC/Sportsnet feed, but my god. Randorf sounds like the San Jose version of Cassie Campbell out there.

After Hertl's 2nd goal yesterday, the MacKinnon line came right back out and spent the next shift entirely in the Sharks zone, with good possession and puck movement. Not a peep. Then the Sharks get it, dump it in and start a forecheck and it's all "here they go again! The Sharks get right back to work!"

Dude is not hiding one bit who he seems to be pulling for this series. He seems genuinely excited every time San Jose does anything out there.
Randorf is a beast, I think it has to do with the Sharks more than the Avs (like Karlsson, Burns, and Thornton - I am pretty sure Canada and NBC pundits want to see Joe lift a Cup). NBC has been giving both teams props, but you absolutely see that certain people are going for the Sharks such as JR and Michelette even though I don't think they've necessarily been bad or full on homers. Honestly the only one who's conducted a pretty neutral view has been McGuire, but then you have him butting his fat bald head opinion in the middle of plays. Burke, the PXP before Cuthbert took over was clearly going for the Sharks.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Two of our wins against Vegas was against Malcolm Subban. Not Fleury. We have bad records against Vegas with Fleury in the net.

Fleury missed a bunch of games down the stretch due to injury and was definitely not the same guy this postseason as the one who took the Knights to the Final a year ago.

But yeah...Hertl was going to finally break through sooner or later, though I commend the pun.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado

Meh. Superstition. My juju has nothing to do with how the Avs play tonight. I hope they win, but my title won't prevent them from being the better team. That's up to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->