GDT: Round 2: Game 3 - Fishies @ Avalanche - We Have a Bigger Boat Now

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The Avs are completely capable of winning this series as it stands, and that's a massive accomplishment based on expectations.

Avs will have to change the way they play a bit. Dump and hard forecheck. Rinse and repeat.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
TBH... As awesome as it would be to go all the way this year, I think even if we bow out in the 2nd round this season is a massive success once again.

Not only did we repeat the playoff appearance from last year, now we've also gotten past the first round. You know damn well the boys on this team are going to be as hungry as it gets next season after getting a taste of the real playoff experience this season. It's one thing to make the playoffs and last year we were happy to just be playing playoff hockey. This year they came in with an attitude of hey we've made it twice now lets go do something with our run this year.

So I can only imagine the attitude and motivation they'll have next season after a 2nd round appearance this year. Throw in a couple of savvy moves to strengthen the depth of our forward group plus the addition of IMHO a Game changer on the back end in Makar as soon as next season... I legit think that winning the cup should be fair goal to set for next season.

And again, winning this year is still absolutely on the table and would be truly awesome as well. No doubt the boys in that locker room still very clearly believe they can win it all this year and that's what matters right now.

We're coming out in Game 4 with an absolute monster game and then bringing this series back to Denver for game 6 with a chance to finish things off. The boys are gonna find those skating legs and the Sharks just aren't going to have an answer for it.

Yup. I just hope they dont crumble under expectations. As far as im concerned this team should not be a bubble team next season.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
As a player you only get so many shots at a cup. Being satisfied to be in the 2nd round should not be an option for any player (or fan). I expect the Avs to play their first really good complete game of the series in game 4.

Sure but it's important to be realistic about where the Avs are at right now. Lots of eventual Cup winning teams endured years of playoff disappointments before finally winning it. As it stands, I'm going to be sad but not completely disappointed if the Avs lose this series as it's part of the growing pains of this core.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Sure but it's important to be realistic about where the Avs are at right now. Lots of eventual Cup winning teams endured years of playoff disappointments before finally winning it. As it stands, I'm going to be sad but not completely disappointed if the Avs lose this series as it's part of the growing pains of this core.
Agreed.

I just don’t want them to lose because they are satisfied. Stay hungry.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
As a player you only get so many shots at a cup. Being satisfied to be in the 2nd round should not be an option for any player (or fan). I expect the Avs to play their first really good complete game of the series in game 4.

Exactly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad