GDT: Round 2: Game 2 - Avs @ Fish - Here Fishy Fishy

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You definitely have a point. There really is no perfect solution outside of a trade. The problem is there is no obvious fit right now like when everyone knew ROR or someone like Ryjo was available.

Mikko seems to have committed himself mentally to being an offensive force, and honestly he has let the two-way part of his game slip quite a bit. I wasn't too happy about it until he broke out offensively. The way he produces now makes it way more worth it.

Lets just say I'd rather lose some of Landy's offense versus losing Mikko's. Moving either to center would probably result in lower production to an extent.

Yeah, I would agree with you on Mikko's defense. I think it's slipped a bit as well. Hard to tell how he'd change his game at center, but as players age they're able to balance the offense and defensive duties better. Mikko's still only 22. I could see him being a really good two way center, that's still very productive.

That said, I'm definitely not pushing for him to switch. He's so good on his off wing, especially with MacKinnon, who he has such great chemistry with. They should try to build around him at wing if they can.

Reactions: MacBradley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, I would agree with you on Mikko's defense. I think it's slipped a bit as well. Hard to tell how he'd change his game at center, but as players age they're able to balance the offense and defensive duties better. Mikko's still only 22. I could see him being a really good two way center, that's still very productive.

That said, I'm definitely not pushing for him to switch. He's so good on his off wing, especially with MacKinnon, who he has such great chemistry with. They should try to build around him at wing if they can.

Yeah it is all a reach for an answer at this point. Just goes to show how little there is out there for an obvious fix.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Calvert could not have had concussion because he didnt get any blow to the head from the hit, it's probably some kind of upper body injury like a shoulder or something

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Calvert could not have had concussion because he didnt get any blow to the head from the hit, it's probably some kind of upper body injury like a shoulder or something

A concussion doesn't necessarily result from a direct blow to the head. There just has to be sufficient force to cause the brain to rattle around in the skull. His head whipped pretty badly when he got hit, so while it may not be a concussion, I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
A concussion doesn't necessarily result from a direct blow to the head. There just has to be sufficient force to cause the brain to rattle around in the skull. His head whipped pretty badly when he got hit, so while it may not be a concussion, I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility.
Yeah but it looked more like possiblity of injury to upper body like shoulders, arms and stuff. Hopefully it's not concussion

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He may just be sore as hell from whiplash. That shit messes with your whole body. Hopefully that's all it is, because that could/should clear up in a few days.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad