GDT: ROUND 2| Game 1 - NYR's at Penguins|Friday, May 2nd |7:00PM CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrouperTrooper

Jan 17, 2008
Florida
Sid was better. Smart plays with the puck, still has a few stretches where he's away from the play while Kunitz is muffing the puck. Not sure if that's on Kunitz or Sid.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
They'll work on it in practice.

Someone really needs to tell Kunitz that he's not as skilled as he thinks he is.

Kunitz has overstayed his welcome...he's been useless lately..I mean I love the guy...but a lesser role might do him some good ATM

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Nice turnover after the whistle.

Guy made one good pass with Malkin and Neal doing the work on the 2nd goal, and somehow THAT makes up for all the 2nd period fail in the coach's mind.

I don't get it. I mean, Kunitz, I guess I can see the rationale excusing his horse ****. But, Jokinen. Like Beau or Joey V couldn't add so much more to the Geno and Neal combo.

Yeah move Beau up with those two. If Jokinen can't play with Sutter and Vitale, then bench him and bring in Gibbons who can.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
whats up with geno's skating away from the puck second time with a chance to buried it....

I think it's a mental thing. Playing with Jussi and Neal, he hangs back, because he's got to do the lion's share of the dirty work in all three zones. It makes him cautious. That extends. So, when a chance is there to be aggressive, the initial instinct isn't there, like it is with Sid and Kunitz and like it would be if it were Neal and Vitale or Neal and Beau.

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
Not looking past the Rangers who are at least even bet to win this series, but if the Pens want to beat the structured physical play of Boston or Montreal's offence backed up by Price in net ... Yeah consistency. Much better second period though!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah move Beau up with those two. If Jokinen can't play with Sutter and Vitale, then bench him and bring in Gibbons who can.

Thing is, Jokinen CAN play with Sutter and Vitale AND be better than he is with Malkin and Neal. THAT is the frustrating part here.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
I liked that period. Maybe they'll learn something from crashing the net. Maybe they'll forget in the third. You never can tell with Dan.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Kunitz has overstayed his welcome...he's been useless lately..I mean I love the guy...but a lesser role might do him some good ATM

Agreed. I don't know if he's done, injured or slumping but he needs to be demoted at this point. Some accountability like that might do him some good, as would some easier competition.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thing is, Jokinen CAN play with Sutter and Vitale AND be better than he is with Malkin and Neal. THAT is the frustrating part here.

I agree with this as well.
JJ is terribly mismanaged on this team.
He's either doing nothing with Geno/Neal or getting a few rebound/tap in goals. Other than that he's much better utilised on Sutter's line.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
rofl intermission guys trying to say no goal, ridiculous

Boy, they better learn to pick better battles.

Pretty weak argument going with no goal on that one. Even AV didn't put much effort into complaining on that one.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
If the NHL had any brain cells it would demand NBC get these two toolbags off the air. Drumming up a controversay where there wasn't one.. thats so good for the game.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

thsi! very simple, move joe V up with them, no doubt in my mind, leave BB with third line, malkin is feeling it Neal is getting better they don't need BB, \

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Agreed. I don't know if he's done, injured or slumping but he needs to be demoted at this point. Some accountability like that might do him some good, as would some easier competition.

Someone needs to sit him down and tell him to do exactly what he did 5 years ago because that's what made him successful. AKA: Crash the net, make life hell, and tip ****

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
I think he has, but the ratio of called to should be called is pathetic. Good job, NHL.

extraskater.com says he has drawn 1 (one) penalty so far. With all the slashing, tripping, water-skiing, slewfooting, nut spearing that has been going on, that is absolutely ridiculous.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I agree with this as well.
JJ is terribly mismanaged on this team.
He's either doing nothing with Geno/Neal or getting a few rebound/tap in goals. Other than that he's much better utilised on Sutter's line.

I'm not sure JJ would even be top nine on another team left in the playoffs. On the Pens, not just top six, but attached to Geno's hip any time he plays center. Got to love it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad