139896128487823_zps79ab97d8.jpg

round2_zps3bfddadb.jpg

139896224092971_zpsafab2560.png

Series Storylines:
Penguins vs. Rangers

LET'S GO
by KORN

:pens

We won't know about the lines until we do.
*LMKOM*
It's up super early because, I have the first two games. Unless... someone wants game two? Just give a shout out in the GDT thread if you do.
LGP!

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Locked until closer to gameday, we don't need this to fill up before the game starts.

Great job Ugene, and thanks for stepping up to the plate on such short notice!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
standard lines, standard power play (3 forwards, 2 D), Orpik out.

Go Pens :)

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Will be interesting to see if Bylsma puts Gibbons in as he deserves to be. Dream would be him in and Glass out, but we know the likelihood of that happening lol.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I can understand DB seeing if we can keep Sid and Geno separate in this series early, but the Rangers have the type of top 4 defense that will stifle Sid and Geno with their current crop of wingers.

You're much better off rolling them together and forcing them to stop you. And if DB can get them away from McDonagh/Girardi at home, all the better.

Plus I'd like to keep Sutter rolling in an offensive role. We need him to produce.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I wouldn't read too much into practice lines. Bylsma never changed the lines in practice but rolled Geno and Sid together for 2-straight games.

I wouldn't bother having a reaction to the lines until we see them in a game, really.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I wouldn't read too much into practice lines. Bylsma never changed the lines in practice but rolled Geno and Sid together for 2-straight games.

I wouldn't bother having a reaction to the lines until we see them in a game, really.

Can we talk about the stupidity of not practicing lines together? It's not like the Rangers didn't see him use KCM in the last round.

I'm just hopeful that Orpik stays out.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Can we talk about the stupidity of not practicing lines together? It's not like the Rangers didn't see him use KCM in the last round.

Shelly is not convinced that the fact that Orpik sucks necessarily means he's not a top pairing guy on a cup contender.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

I'm hopeful Orpik replaces Scuds and not anyone else if/when he comes back. Pair him with Bort, limit his ES minutes.

Letang is finally playing smart hockey. I doubt it's a coincidence when you put him with our best defensive player and rely on him to go up against the best players. Keep him there. But I bet if Orpik comes back, he'll go directly back with Martin.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

You can talk about whatever, and you're right, if you're going to be rolling Jokinen - Sutter - Neal for 80% of the night, then you may want to practice together. I guess maybe they don't want Crosby/Malkin to be the norm.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Shelly is not convinced that the fact that Orpik sucks necessarily means he's not a top pairing guy on a cup contender.

Lies! Shelly would never be so opinionated. How dare you besmirch her neutral name!

I'm hopeful Orpik replaces Scuds and not anyone else if/when he comes back. Pair him with Bort, limit his ES minutes.

Letang is finally playing smart hockey. I doubt it's a coincidence when you put him with our best defensive player and rely on him to go up against the best players. Keep him there. But I bet if Orpik comes back, he'll go directly back with Martin.

I'd rather Scuderi join Orpik on the injured list at this point. Orpik being back pretty much guarantees him a top 4 role and if he's there then Martin will need to be cleaning up after him because no one else has been able to. They need two Martins if Orpik plays, one for Orpik and one for Letang. All these defensemen and they create this situation.

Orpik-Martin is just another example of the good players being shackled by the bad ones at this point.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Man, what I wouldn't give for the Habs to lend us PK Subban for a few games.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Wasn't Orpik/Bortuzzo a bit of a mess this year? Or am I confusing Orpik/Bortuzzi with Orpik/EVERY OTHER DAMN PAIR/PERSON

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
You can talk about whatever, and you're right, if you're going to be rolling Jokinen - Sutter - Neal for 80% of the night, then you may want to practice together. I guess maybe they don't want Crosby/Malkin to be the norm.

Whatever I want? Really?!?! :amazed:
There are so many possibilities.

This team has made so many weird decisions.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Man, what I wouldn't give for the Habs to lend us PK Subban for a few games.

I've never understood the PK hate. Yes, I get he's a bit of a dirty player on the ice, but none of the hate is ever about that. Outside of the dirty plays, he's great offensively player, isn't an embarrassment in his own end, and every time I hear him speak he is one of the most respectful, charming, thoughtful athlete interviews (and I generally hate athlete interviews because they are so devoid of humanity).

I would take him in a second, obviously. Hopefully Therrien forces him out, Bergevin gets drunk, and we get a Subban for GOOD OLE QUEBECOIS KID swap!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Wasn't Orpik/Bortuzzo a bit of a mess this year? Or am I confusing Orpik/Bortuzzi with Orpik/EVERY OTHER DAMN PAIR PERSON

Orpik was a mess with anyone but Martin. But Letang is finally playing smart defensive hockey. **** reuniting Orpik/Martin. If he can't handle limited ES minutes with Bort, stay out of the lineup.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Well wasn't playing Crosby and Malkin together Crosby and Malkin's idea? Dan only wants his ideas to be the norm.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I've never understood the PK hate. Yes, I get he's a bit of a dirty player on the ice, but none of the hate is ever about that. Outside of the dirty plays, he's great offensively player, isn't an embarrassment in his own end, and every time I hear him speak he is one of the most respectful, charming, thoughtful athlete interviews (and I generally hate athlete interviews because they are so devoid of humanity).

I would take him in a second, obviously. Hopefully Therrien forces him out, Bergevin gets drunk, and we get a Subban for GOOD OLE QUEBECOIS KID swap!

Sometimes he is an embarrassment in his own end. There was a Panthers game this year where a guy finished a check on him on a dump in, then went for a shift change. Nothing major, just pretty typical hit.

Subban freaks out, leaves his position and bolts after this guy, throws him down by the bench, pushes his head into the ice and screams at him. This went on for about 20 seconds. During this time, the Panthers were just hammering shots at Price untouched from the left circle because there was nobody there to cover that.

He also throws the puck away an awful lot on a bad day. Unnecessarily. When he's off, Subban is much like Letang when Letang is off. Stupid penalties, confusing turnovers, wandering...

But then there are games like yesterday, when he was by far the best player on the ice against the best team in the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad