Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Penguins) 2016 Playoffs (Pens fans, read note in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I saw a tweet NBC has 3 games Sat and 2 on Sunday and one team will have to play B2B. I hope we don't get screwed as the top seed having to play b2b in the playoffs

thats probably gonna be one of the west teams as they are gonna need the extra rest. but who knows

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
very true and then this comes into play

no way they announce a thursday start on a wednesday night

Yeah, they wouldn't do that. Even announcing a Saturday start on Thursday seems a little short. So Sunday makes the most sense.

Then again, 1st round ends tonight all bets are off.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Looking back on past Caps/Pens series I just noticed that yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the 4 OT loss to the Pens in the '96 playoffs. Man, thinking back on how disappointing that loss was, and how late I stayed up to watch it, really pisses me off.

Also, Czabe brought up the "Fire on the Floor" series between the Caps and Pens today on his show. Anyone remember it? I don't. Something about the Civic Arena booked for something called "Fire on the Floor" and as a result the series was 1-2-2-1 with the home ice advantage Caps only getting game #1 at home to start the series.

I was 10, school the next day and my dad let me stay up and stay home from school the next day. :laugh: One of the worst memories of my life. lol

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I was 10, school the next day and my dad let me stay up and stay home from school the next day. :laugh: One of the worst memories of my life. lol

I was 20 and I had a double dose of work and classes that day with work starting at 6am. Not happy, at all.

Oh and depending on when your birthday is, welcome to the 30's. You'll enjoy them. ;)

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Who can sit through the entire draft? Thursday sounds great we don't need to have too much time off it's time to get back to slaying demons. The President's Trophy First Round Choke was demon number 1...

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Damn these Pens fans are so cocky. I would love nothing more than to shut them up by winning this series.

I read the last 2 pages of the Caps/Pens matchup thread on the main boards, rolled my eyes at about 95% of the responses, and immediately exited. Definitely staying away from that thread like it's the plague. Apparently their **** doesn't stink.

Also had to LOL at the fact that some of them are saying that their rookie goaltender and defense is better than the Caps. Murray is a good goalie with a bright future but holly **** they are really pumping his tires.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
That long wait? That's very interesting if true. I thought it would be Thursday.

Well who knows now. If nhl follows through with no games before ducks preds series ends and they won't announce a Thursday night game on Wednesday so it has to be Saturday

JayT

Apr 5, 2010
Well who knows now. If nhl follows through with no games before ducks preds series ends and they won't announce a Thursday night game on Wednesday so it has to be Saturday

They've already scheduled the islanders/bolts series for this Wednesday. Caps/pens will be Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad