Pre-Game Talk: Round 2: Battle of Alberta | Game 1 Wednesday 5/18/22 7:30PM

Are you happy there isn't a poll?

• Yes

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Damnit, I got tricked into voting in a stupid poll. FML!!

Votes: 61 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringoffire

May 17, 2022
Haha, gotcha. Pretty sure most of these ‘visitors’ are young guys that sign up and make a bet with their buddy on how long they’ll last before given the boot. It ends the same way for all of them. ;)
I'm not trying to be inflammatory or trill. I read this BOA thread and responded to the topics raised. Surely that can't get me booted.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You would probably get a kick out of some of it. Just seems odd that I can't get an answer to a simple question regarding something this board considers an obvious fact. Isn't the point of these boards to talk hockey?
giphy.gif

Reactions: PostBradMalone

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Espn’s picks

23 of 27 pick the Flames..do the Oilers even bother showing up?

Absolutely they'll show up and they'll use these media predictions as bulletin board material to shut everyone up across the country.

Historically, back in 1988, the Flames finished first in the league and the Oilers second at 6 points behind. Edmonton swept them. Three years later in '91, they finished 20 points ahead of the Oilers and the Oilers took them out in 7.

I'm not worried. let the media in the country pump their tires.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Absolutely they'll show up and they'll use these media predictions as bulletin board material to shut everyone up across the country.

Historically, back in 1988, the Flames finished first in the league and the Oilers second at 6 points behind. Edmonton swept them. Three years later in '91, they finished 20 points ahead of the Oilers and the Oilers took them out in 7.

They do all of the time. Last time they got this much hype they went out in 5 to the WC Avs in the first

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I don't think it is a rule but I believe the expectation is you are not just here trolling and are actually engaging in a constructive discussion.

Idk I just remember there being a discussion about the whole "x fan coming in peace" phenomena. Again I could be misremembering, I'll defer to one of our mods.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Gretzky also thinks we will lose :/

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Any word of Drai? If he has any injury I wouldn't mind him sitting out Game 1 to recover if it would help long term. Hate for him to re-injure and be in worst shape

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Oilers take game one. Book it!

Also not sure if anyone has noticed. I had A and W for games 6 and 7 and we won both….

Ugh. My arteries hurt but I’m prepared to do it again Wednesday. I’m kind of tired of it though 😭 😭 😭

But I’ll try
I will skip the dishes for four nights of A&W for you. I am quite willing to suffer the consequences of your arteries clogging up if it means the Oilers win. :)

• Love
Reactions: tardigrade81

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Wonder how his brackets of years past looked. Outside of being the GOAT player, he's gotten a lot of things wrong in hockey outside of actually playing the game.
He's the best guy I've seen at getting predictions wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad