Pre-Game Talk: Round 2: Battle of Alberta | Game 1 Wednesday 5/18/22 7:30PM

Are you happy there isn't a poll?

• Yes

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Damnit, I got tricked into voting in a stupid poll. FML!!

Votes: 61 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringoffire

May 17, 2022
The complaints about the Flames being dirty is primarily directed towards the egregious head shot by Zadorov that warranted a hearing but apparently not even a fine. Sets a precedent that your players can goon it up with little or no consequence. The lack of disciplinary action changed the complexion of game 7, IMO

Tkachuk seems more interested in WWE antics than being actually dirty, but it does seem like he decided to play hockey by the second half of the series.

In any case, the concerns on this end are more based on the series against a sunbelt team that usually gets favourable officiating but did not, that the Flames will get the benefit of officiating into this series as well.

Guess we’ll see. Hopefully it’s officiated fairly on both sides.
This year the refs seems particularly interested in keeping penalties relativley even. The Zadorov headshot for sure was a two minute penalty, but under the current rules they really couldn't really suspend him. Angle of attack, not elevating, it doesn't meet the current standard for suspension. The issue is there isn't a blanket ban on headshots.

They also handcuffed themselves by only giving Nurse 1 game on a non hockey play with a headshot.

I legitimately thought you were lost. You're a Flames fan, you just joined today, you have 3 posts, all of them are on the wrong board.

edit 4 posts..
I just found the convo here interesting. And most Flames fans don't post on Hfboards, there are other places.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This year the refs seems particularly interested in keeping penalties relativley even. The Zadorov headshot for sure was a two minute penalty, but under the current rules they really couldn't really suspend him. Angle of attack, not elevating, it doesn't meet the current standard for suspension. The issue is there isn't a blanket ban on headshots.

They also handcuffed themselves by only giving Nurse 1 game on a non hockey play with a headshot.

I just found the convo here interesting. And most Flames fans don't post on Hfboards, there are other places.

Lol at the bolded. We’ll see if Chiarot even gets a hearing

Suspending a guy multiple games for a head butt in the playoffs would be an absolute circus. It’s not like he injured Danault.

Also guessing you missed the slewfoot deliberate attempt to injure Draisaitl from Mikey Andersen too? Nothing for that.

Flames got gifted a game with the 5 on 3 and laughable penalty shot, and got more power plays in game 7. Not so even.

Reactions: Niten Ichi Ryu

Ringoffire

May 17, 2022
Lol at the bolded. We’ll see if Chiarot even gets a hearing

Suspending a guy multiple games for a head butt in the playoffs would be an absolute circus. It’s not like he injured Danault.

Also guessing you missed the slewfoot deliberate attempt to injure Draisaitl from Mikey Andersen too? Nothing for that.

Flames got gifted a game with the 5 on 3 and laughable penalty shot, and got more power plays in game 7. Not so even.
A headbutt is incredibly dirty and a non hockey play, very different than a hit from the front with arm and elbow down (which I said should have been a penalty).

The Flames had the third best xgf% of any team, which would lead to some differential in penalties. I believe it was even until game 7 where the Flames had a 3-1 advantage. But the Flames rag dolled Dallas hard in game seven, like really hard.

The Oilers had the closest series in terms of xgf%, but I haven't counted what the penalties for an exact number. They felt even when I watched.

As for the 5 on 3 and penalty shot. The 5 on 3 was from a clear high stick and the penalty shot was a hook (can opener style really) right on gaudreau's hands that prevented him from getting a shot off. Kind of a textbook call in both cases.

Oh we are quite aware of the primary shit hole many of them they hide in....
Not really hiding, it's just a Google away. And some Oilers folks post there.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
A headbutt is incredibly dirty and a non hockey play, very different than a hit from the front with arm and elbow down (which I said should have been a penalty).

The Flames had the third best xgf% of any team, which would lead to some differential in penalties. I believe it was even until game 7 where the Flames had a 3-1 advantage. But the Flames rag dolled Dallas hard in game seven, like really hard.

The Oilers had the closest series in terms of xgf%, but I haven't counted what the penalties for an exact number. They felt even when I watched.

As for the 5 on 3 and penalty shot. The 5 on 3 was from a clear high stick and the penalty shot was a hook (can opener style really) right on gaudreau's hands that prevented him from getting a shot off. Kind of a textbook call in both cases.

C499CED1-35A8-470B-B55F-E498B4B312CC.gif

snag

Feb 22, 2014

LOL....you know I didn't mean that literally...though you knew exactly what I meant ;)

I know some Oiler fans post there. I think everyone here peaks in from time to time. Considering I have lived in both cities for about the same amount of time, it is always amusing their "views".

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Lol what’s your end goal here? Take a lap.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

Doesn’t really look like you came in here with an open mind, despite your claims. Yes, Flames can do no wrong, Oilers are the dirtiest team in the league. Have a nice life

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Kings >>> Stars

Don’t bother replying because I can’t see them

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I wanted to see what all these dirty things the Flames did in the Dallas series were because it keeps getting brought up but I didn't see it. It was just an interesting thing that seems to exist here.
I can’t be bothered to read your boards but I’m sure there are some things we think are ridiculous that are brought up on your boards. Go away.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Singh and DeBrusk calling the Colorado series. So either we do get Cuthbert or we're stuck listening to Ball and Millen fondle Calgary's... balls.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Singh and DeBrusk calling the Colorado series. So either we do get Cuthbert or we're stuck listening to Ball and Millen fondle Calgary's... balls.

I'm pretty sure they announced Cuthbert and Simpson

Ringoffire

May 17, 2022
I can’t be bothered to read your boards but I’m sure there are some things we think are ridiculous that are brought up on your boards. Go away.
You would probably get a kick out of some of it. Just seems odd that I can't get an answer to a simple question regarding something this board considers an obvious fact. Isn't the point of these boards to talk hockey?

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Which sour grapes?

I meant to put :sarcasm:

Basically mocking our visitor that thinks we should be bedazzled by his overrated team "shitting on" (in 7 games bro!) one of the two worst teams to make it to the post season. The Preds might have even won a game or two against these contenders

Interestingly, all of the pundits have the Oilers written off in this series, and the Flames written off in the following series. Not a lot of mainstream respect for either club

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I meant to put :sarcasm:

Basically mocking our visitor that thinks we should be bedazzled by his overrated team "shitting on" (in 7 games bro!) one of the two worst teams to make it to the post season. The Preds might have even won a game or two against these contenders

Interestingly, all of the pundits have the Oilers written off in this series, and the Flames written off in the following series. Not a lot of mainstream respect for either club
Haha, gotcha. Pretty sure most of these ‘visitors’ are young guys that sign up and make a bet with their buddy on how long they’ll last before given the boot. It ends the same way for all of them. ;)

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Haha, gotcha. Pretty sure most of these ‘visitors’ are young guys that sign up and make a bet with their buddy on how long they’ll last before given the boot. It ends the same way for all of them. ;)
They all still wake up in moms basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad