Pre-Game Talk: Round 2: Battle of Alberta | Game 1 Wednesday 5/18/22 7:30PM

Are you happy there isn't a poll?

• Yes

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Damnit, I got tricked into voting in a stupid poll. FML!!

Votes: 61 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
goldberg-whos-next.gif

5pyih-.gif

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Calgary is an easier matchup but Dallas deserves some payback for the 90s.

The Flames are a joke of a franchise and seeing them out would make the 2nd round much more watchable.

Reactions: Porkleaker

McDavidKindaFast

Jun 10, 2021
what do you guys think the deal with Leon is? will we sit him for Game 1, maybe Game 2 if we win the first? will that even help enough to be worth it?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

The Flames are a joke of a franchise and seeing them out would make the 2nd round much more watchable.
Neither is a great opponent if we're going by this season, on paper Dallas is probably the better match up. Still want to see the BoA.

Reactions: PULSATING

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Should Drai get rested for Game 1? When he wasn't on the ice with 97 tilting he looked like a liability.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
what do you guys think the deal with Leon is? will we sit him for Game 1, maybe Game 2 if we win the first? will that even help enough to be worth it?
I have a feeling that his injury is more of a longer term one, so no to that idea. He'll have to deal with it, and they'll have to manage it with pain killers and tape or whatever they do these days. But if anyone can handle that, he'd be right near the top.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I have a feeling that his injury is more of a longer term one, so no to that idea. He'll have to deal with it, and they'll have to manage it with pain killers and tape or whatever they do these days. But if anyone can handle that, he'd be right near the top.
As most veterans will tell you--playoffs and pain go hand in hand.

I hope the next series doesn't start until Wed. to give Drai (and Nurse too I think) an extra day to rest.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I hope we bring up Holloway, Broberg, Niemelainen.

For those who don't remember, Holloway spent his entire recovery time in Edmonton, regularly skating with our guys and practicing for a while too.

Would love to. I watched a lot of Bako games and he dominates. He could slot in well here. Give him a shot in practice, maybe one game.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
I have felt like the BoA has been on a collision course all year so I will stick with it.

Mcdavid has entered superhero mode so no better time than now to kick off the dirt BoA in way too many years.

Just need Drai to find some health.

Reactions: Duke74

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I have felt like the BoA has been on a collision course all year so I will stick with it.

Mcdavid has entered superhero mode so no better time than now to kick off the dirt BoA in way too many years.

Just need Drai to find some health.

I'd rather not risk his health against the rats in Calgary. Give me Dallas any day.

Reactions: McDavidKindaFast

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Should hope for Calgary for nothing more than easier travel. Don’t want to be flying to Vancouver then bussing to Bellingham and then flying to Dallas. An hour travel vs like 7 hours.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
What do you guys think is realistic for the next round?
Is it more likely that we see them playing more like game 6/7 or games 1-5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad