Pre-Game Talk: Round 2: Battle of Alberta | Game 1 Wednesday 5/18/22 7:30PM

Are you happy there isn't a poll?

• Yes

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Damnit, I got tricked into voting in a stupid poll. FML!!

Votes: 61 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Was reading an article in The Athletic, and they polled about 12 league executives and coaches. No one is even giving us a chance. Love it.
Did they watch Connor last series? He will get us into the third round by himself if he has to.

Espn’s picks

23 of 27 pick the Flames..do the Oilers even bother showing up?
Mess has us in 6 :)

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Prediction for tomorrows game
1652834387241.jpeg

Sad because they’re losing, or they have a massive cock on their face…. I’ll let you all decide that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Niten Ichi Ryu

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The Oilers proved me wrong. They manned the hell up and won two very difficult games. I'm not going to change my mind on Holland just yet but Mike Smith definitely showed up after I doubted him. Hopefully they run Calgary out of their toilet seat building and I drown in Calgary tears. Wouldn't be the worst way to go.
I thought you said you disappearing after the series ended?

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Was reading an article in The Athletic, and they polled about 12 league executives and coaches. No one is even giving us a chance. Love it.
Just read that. Sure I can understand that the Flames could be seen the favourite, but not one person real indicated we have a chance in hell.

A few said 5 games for the flames. Basically saying we are a quick blip. While Otter was spectacular, Smith was pretty good as well.

I’ll take all the negativity though, hopefully the Flames read all the headlines and believe their own hype.

Like it or not the Flames were one shot from golfing but that doesn’t matter because it was a hot goalie.

Reactions: bellagiobob

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Do we get Cuthbert at least? Feel like this is going to be irritating enough so I better not be listening to the Flames PBP team or Singh.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Just read that. Sure I can understand that the Flames could be seen the favourite, but not one person real indicated we have a chance in hell.

A few said 5 games for the flames. Basically saying we are a quick blip. While Otter was spectacular, Smith was pretty good as well.

I’ll take all the negativity though, hopefully the Flames read all the headlines and believe their own hype.

Like it or not the Flames were one shot from golfing but that doesn’t matter because it was a hot goalie.

Yup, it’s like these genius analysts don’t even consider that a thing. Such a weird narrative going into this series.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Yup, it’s like these genius analysts don’t even consider that a thing. Such a weird narrative going into this series.
It’s mind boggling, yes it’s going to be a war, but it’s like we are the Avengers vs Thanos. One good outcome out of 8 trillion.

Ringoffire

May 17, 2022
It's very interesting to come to this board and compare the group think vs. the Flames board group think. I don't think many Flames fans (beyond obvious trolls) expect either team to steamroll the other. Much like there aren't many Oilers fans calling for a steamroll of Calgary.

The one thing I find interesting is this narrative of the Flames being dirty. By far the dirtiest play in these playoffs was Nurse headbutting Danault. The Kassian cross check was bad enough to result in a fine. The Flameas on the other hand have not had any supplementary discipline.

I mean, Tkachuk is a rat, but his actual dangerous plays have dried up as he matured as a player and got better at riding the line.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
It's very interesting to come to this board and compare the group think vs. the Flames board group think. I don't think many Flames fans (beyond obvious trolls) expect either team to steamroll the other. Much like there aren't many Oilers fans calling for a steamroll of Calgary.

The one thing I find interesting is this narrative of the Flames being dirty. By far the dirtiest play in these playoffs was Nurse headbutting Danault. The Kassian cross check was bad enough to result in a fine. The Flameas on the other hand have not had any supplementary discipline.

I mean, Tkachuk is a rat, but his actual dangerous plays have dried up as he matured as a player and got better at riding the line.
14914341.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Directions to-> -> ->hfflames

Click Pacific Division from hf boards menu. Then select Calgary Flames. This should take you to the right place.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

Yes, because player safety decisions are a great indicator of being or not being dirty.

Reactions: bone and JarvisFunk

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
More of an observation really.

The complaints about the Flames being dirty is primarily directed towards the egregious head shot by Zadorov that warranted a hearing but apparently not even a fine. Sets a precedent that your players can goon it up with little or no consequence. The lack of disciplinary action changed the complexion of game 7, IMO

Tkachuk seems more interested in WWE antics than being actually dirty, but it does seem like he decided to play hockey by the second half of the series.

In any case, the concerns on this end are more based on the series against a sunbelt team that usually gets favourable officiating but did not, that the Flames will get the benefit of officiating into this series as well.

Guess we’ll see. Hopefully it’s officiated fairly on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad