Series Talk: Round 1 - St. Louis Blues [now w/ Poll]

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Vegas didn’t want Minny. Hahaha.
Minneapolis wins game one. 1:0 in OT. As bad a start as possible for Vegas. The doubt definitely creeps in.

No more Sharks to sweep Mr. Stone and Co.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
There is actually some decent conversation to be had and some knowledgeable and respectful fans in that thread. I enjoy getting outside perspective and really there is only like three or four that are over the top... Not that I haven't been baited by them a time or two lol.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
There's zero value to be found in arguing with other team's fans about possible outcomes. The players will settle it on the ice, with the heavy influence of injuries and luck.

Minny got badly outplayed but still won the game, I wouldn't be worried about that loss if I were Vegas. But, Minny played them a lot closer in terms of flow of play during some of the games this season, so they should be worrired that Minny is still going to ramp it up against them. Also, look at those hit counts. Avs better be ready for the physical battle of the playoffs

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
If all the celebrations with the Presidents Trophy t-shirts is the team ironically mocking the insufferable act like you been there before culture in hockey, it's excellent.

If they are actually celebrating the Presidents Trophy like that it's embarrassing and they should act like they been there before.

Let's put it in perspective, the Avalanche were the worst non-expansion team in league history only four years ago. The head coach and leadership on this team (all players that are wearing a letter) are still on the President's cup winning team.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
That’s what I wanna know. I don’t understand this shit. He needs a negative test in 24 hours and another negative test 24 hours later. What happened with Rants, though? Is this a new thing ‘cause it’s the playoffs?
Let's not forget this is Dater, it could be 2 negative tests in a week for all we know with him. Unless he heard different from a construction worker.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I feel like the Avs have been reading my posts lately. :sarcasm:

Now all I need is for someone on the team to talk about how good Byram is defensively. :laugh:

Bednar won't let them think the journey is done anyway. I don't think he smiled once in that post game presser after the last game.

Newy just has too much skill, speed, and smarts to leave on the bench for too long though, and he's shown he's pretty responsible defensively too. The Blues probably haven't seen much of him either. He's the the type of guy that could slip under the radar in the playoffs and be a clutch game breaker with his skill.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Scary round 1 opponent for the Avs. Always nervous about a team who has done it before in the playoffs. That being said I love this Avs team and think they got this.

Oilers are my #1 and Avs #2 so you might see me posting here on occasion. Sakic was my fav player during his era.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Ryan O'Reilly... sigh, this guy is the #1 problem. Dude should be wearing Avs colors.

This guy needs to be contained.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Loved MacKinnon’s reaction when asked about O’Reilly’s quote. “Wait, he thinks they’re going win? He should think that.......I think we’re going to win too.”

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Why do we always get the freaking 8pm MTN start...seriously we always get sh*tty start time. Half of the time I will be trying to stay awake instead of enjoying the game...sigh

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I wandered over to the cess pool of a thread on the main boards. Mistakes have been made (though the last page did have some local food debate, that I’m fine with.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
It's not that bad if you ignore the handful of Bluechebags that are out of touch with reality.

DannyDarko

Jan 11, 2020
I didn't read through this whole thread so might have already been discussed but what is the capacity for the Pepsi Center for this series and the playoffs? Blues are going to be at about 9000 or roughly 50%. playoff hockey is much more intense with butts in the seats.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I didn't read through this whole thread so might have already been discussed but what is the capacity for the Pepsi Center for this series and the playoffs? Blues are going to be at about 9000 or roughly 50%. playoff hockey is much more intense with butts in the seats.

I could have sworn the Avs announcers said around 7500

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad