Series Talk: Round 1 - St. Louis Blues [now w/ Poll]

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh….uh….Refalanche are gonna get exposed when they don’t get as much PP time in the playoffs, Blues in 3
source.gif

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Insanity. We all knew what this team would look like when healthy, but seeing it written out like that a day before playoffs just hits different.

Plus it’s still not full health. Get a safe lead in a series and they can work Byram back in there over Nemeth to get comfortable enough to fully take over that spot. Not to mention potentially EJ later in the playoffs. Nuts.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Honestly I'd rather Perron be healthy and playing. That way when we curb stomp the Blues, that fan base has no excuse for getting there teeth kicked in and idiots like The Dizee wont be able to blame Covid for getting an ass whooping.

They're already started on the excuse train.
I've seen more than one person say this. Who gives a f*** what they think? If I don't need to watch that yappy rat running around for a few games, good. If it gets us through the series and gives everyone extra time off to stay healthy, good. I can't even pretend to care what some Saint Louis fans on the internet think.

Reactions: cgf and Nihiliste

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Some of ya'll need to keep it classy outside this forum. No reason to get into a shit throwing match with 3-4 dumbass Blues fans.
Since you are probably my favorite poster here I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is satire and you aren't playing the forum mom.
Nah, they're dumb and they need to know it.
Get 'em.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Insanity. We all knew what this team would look like when healthy, but seeing it written out like that a day before playoffs just hits different.

Plus it’s still not full health. Get a safe lead in a series and they can work Byram back in there over Nemeth to get comfortable enough to fully take over that spot. Not to mention potentially EJ later in the playoffs. Nuts.

giphy.gif

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I've seen more than one person say this. Who gives a f*** what they think? If I don't need to watch that yappy rat running around for a few games, good. If it gets us through the series and gives everyone extra time off to stay healthy, good. I can't even pretend to care what some Saint Louis fans on the internet think.
For real. No one gives us credit for using a half AHL team to take Dallas to game 7 OT last season, the Blues wouldn't get credit this season. All of this "I want to beat the best" bullshit comes from insecure fans. I want all of the luck possible to go the Avalanche's way and I don't care who, what or why someone would put an asterisk by their 3rd cup. I can guarantee you that no one in that entire organization feels like some of you guys do about this made up shit that you feel so worried about. They just want the Cup, end of story.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A Blues fan made this chart as a way to explain this series is closer than many think...

Since
April 1st
GPGFGAShots
for
Shots
against
PP%PK%FOW%GF/GA
P1
GF/GA
P2
GF/GA
P3
Hits/60BkS/60
Blues218th14th24th21st2nd13th2nd+7Even+615th2nd
Avs216th10th4th2nd9th25th12thEven+14-827th22nd
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Considered me puzzled. I am now more confident in the Avs lol.

Also not to bash that poster. He made a very long, detailed post to prove some points and he/she put a lot of work into it. It was a great post overall but that table didn’t do them any favors.
Maybe I haven't paid attention to our special teams, but what the eff happened to our PK? I am pretty sure it was top 5 for a large part of the first half of the season right?

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
For real. No one gives us credit for using a half AHL team to take Dallas to game 7 OT last season, the Blues wouldn't get credit this season. All of this "I want to beat the best" bullshit comes from insecure fans. I want all of the luck possible to go the Avalanche's way and I don't care who, what or why someone would put an asterisk by their 3rd cup. I can guarantee you that no one in that entire organization feels like some of you guys do about this made up shit that you feel so worried about. They just want the Cup, end of story.

I kind of feel similar except my way of thinking is that we’ve already had more than our share of bad luck. So I’m not going to feel bad if we catch a break here or there going forward. I’m also no longer worrying about hubris. We’ve already had enough pianos falling on us.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe I haven't paid attention to our special teams, but what the eff happened to our PK? I am pretty sure it was top 5 for a large part of the first half of the season right?
Grubauer played just 10 of 22 games since April 1. Grubauer was the best PK’er in the NHL this season of any position.

Reactions: S E P H

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
A Blues fan made this chart as a way to explain this series is closer than many think...

Since
April 1st
GPGFGAShots
for
Shots
against
PP%PK%FOW%GF/GA
P1
GF/GA
P2
GF/GA
P3
Hits/60BkS/60
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Also not to bash that poster. He made a very long, detailed post to prove some points and he/she put a lot of work into it. It was a great post overall but that table didn’t do them any favors.

It's another great example showing the Blues have received better puck luck and still had worse results. Blues PDO in that span, #6. Avs, #17. Blues, 11-10. Avs, 16-5.

If we're going to lose to them, that's how it's going to happen, but I would have zero confidence in that if I was a Blues fan. If the whole gameplan rests on Binnington outplaying Grubauer (by a significant margin no less), well, good luck.

Last edited:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Since
April 1st
GPGFGAShots
for
Shots
against
PP%PK%FOW%GF/GA
P1
GF/GA
P2
GF/GA
P3
Hits/60BkS/60
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

5v5
CF%: Avs 1st STL 26th
FF%: Avs 1st STL 27th
GF%: Avs 4th STL 15th
xGF%: Avs 1st STL 30th
SH%: Avs 16th STL 8th
SV%" Avs 13th STL 5th

So whatever the Blues have going for them is essentially getting lucky with hot shooting and hot goaltending.....and resulted in them having a 11-7-3 record. Barely over 0.500 hockey. With less "lucky/effective" goaltending and scoring the Avs are 16-5-0 in the same time period lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad