Series Talk: Round 1 - St. Louis Blues [now w/ Poll]

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
This is not usual Bednar. He’s not really known for yelling and screaming. The players must’ve really been pissing him off. :laugh:

Good call by Bednar. There are some playoff series, that you just know you're going to win like Round 1 against Arizona last year. This is NOT one of those types of Round 1 matchups, imo.

Bednar knows that the Blues can beat anyone when they are playing their best and he wants to let the team know that they better be frikkin' ready. He needs to make sure they are ready for Game #1 - NOT prepare them after being 'surprised' in Game #1.

Never. I just dont want to be like some of those other fanbases that get a little bit of success and all a sudden their shit dont stink (See Dallas Stars). Fact is the Avs have won nothing yet and havent made it past the 2nd round in close to 20 yrs. Some of our fans on here are acting like the parade date is already set. Be confident thats great but some of the comments is teetering on over confidence and its not a good look and will look worst if the Avs lose to the Blues.

This is what seeps in when you blow teams out all year just huiman nature for anyteam but especially a young team. Hes trying to prevent what happened to Tampa a few years ago here I bet. Some people think playing those California teams all year was going to get the Avs battle ready for the playoffs based on the style of play they play. I dont see it that way at all because those teams sucked lol. I would have rather the Avs play Vegas 16 times to get ready for the playoffs instead of playing the Cucks, Kings and Sharks a combined 24 times

In my opinion, this first round matchup is the equivalent of the Avalanche facing the Canucks in the first round back in 1996. That Canucks team had a bunch of vets, a lot of good players (Mogilny, Linden, Naslund, Lumme <-Jyrki !) from a team that had reached the finals only a few years back. It's certainly NOT going to be a cakewalk but if the Avs can take the series, it might just better prepare them for the rest of the road ahead.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Him coming down from the rafters with a baseball bat to prevent a Kyrou breakaway would be awesome.
With Mose screaming: WHO THE HELL IS THAT, PETE?!?! OH NO IT'S NOT! IS THAT... IT CAN'T BE!!! OH MY GAWD, PETE!!! IT'S ERIK JOHNSON!!! EJ IS HERE!!! EJ IS HERE!!!

Pete: <warbling> Oh my God! It really is him! <more warbling>

Mose: HE'S HERE TO CHEW BUBBLE GUM AND KICK ASS, AND HE'S ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM!!!

Pete: <warbles> Oh no, the Blues are in trouble now, Mose!

Mose: OH MY GAWD!!! HE JUST BLASTED KYROU WITH THAT BASEBALL BAT!!! THAT'S CLEARLY A SLASH, AND NO CALL FROM THE REFS!!! AW, COME ON! NOT LIKE THIS!!! NOT LIKE THIS.... AWWW AND ANOTHER SHOT, RIGHT TO THE SOLER PLEXUS!!! THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!!! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
With Mose screaming: WHO THE HELL IS THAT, PETE?!?! OH NO IT'S NOT! IS THAT... IT CAN'T BE!!! OH MY GAWD, PETE!!! IT'S ERIK JOHNSON!!! EJ IS HERE!!! EJ IS HERE!!!

Mose: HE'S HERE TO CHEW BUBBLE GUM AND KICK ASS, AND HE'S ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM!!!

Mose: OH MY GAWD!!! HE JUST BLASTED KYROU WITH THAT BASEBALL BAT!!! THAT'S CLEARLY A SLASH, AND NO CALL FROM THE REFS!!! AW, COME ON! NOT LIKE THIS!!! NOT LIKE THIS.... AWWW AND ANOTHER SHOT, RIGHT TO THE SOLER PLEXUS!!! THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!!! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!

This is realistic. EJ would eventually settle into the game, though.

Mose: SHOT!!!! BLOCKED!!!!

Pete: I think he got him in the shinpad Mose

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

I don't live in Colorado (so no blackout restrictions) and this was the year I finally hit my breaking point and started watching other team's feeds. I couldn't take Moser anymore.

Unfortunately the teams with the good broadcast crews (Anaheim, LA, San Jose) will be out of the division next year... :banghead:

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
I don't live in Colorado (so no blackout restrictions) and this was the year I finally hit my breaking point and started watching other team's feeds. I couldn't take Moser anymore.

Unfortunately the teams with the good broadcast crews (Anaheim, LA, San Jose) will be out of the division next year... :banghead:

The fact you called Anaheim a good broadcast crew invalidates your statement in its entirety.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The fact you called Anaheim a good broadcast crew invalidates your statement in its entirety.

I used to not like their broadcast. But I enjoyed them this year. I think they've calmed down a lot because the Ducks are such a bad team.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Him coming down from the rafters with a baseball bat to prevent a Kyrou breakaway would be awesome.

EJ runs down the tunnel late in the third, jumps over the boards like a condor and lands on his belly to slide from the blueline to the slot and breaks up the 2 on 0 pass.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Even though Landeskog got on-ice justice, Schenn still deserves a 1-2 game suspension for his knee-on-knee hit on Rantanen.

It’s the kind of dirt bag play that needs to be taken out of the game. He made no intention to get out of the way and could have very easily caused serious injury and ended Rantanen’s season.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Even though Landeskog got on-ice justice, Schenn still deserves a 1-2 game suspension for his knee-on-knee hit on Rantanen.

It’s the kind of dirt bag play that needs to be taken out of the game. He made no intention to get out of the way and could have very easily caused serious injury and ended Rantanen’s season.
At first look it seemed super dirty, the replays made me think it was borderline, but legal. He catches Mikko's shoulder first and led with his shoulder too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
At first look it seemed super dirty, the replays made me think it was borderline, but legal. He catches Mikko's shoulder first and led with his shoulder too.

I think it should have been a penalty, but yeah, looked worse than it really was. Violent, targeted, and dangerous... not suspension worthy in how the NHL defines it. Should have been a penalty though and Landy shouldn't have had to beat the snot out of Schenn.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I think it should have been a penalty, but yeah, looked worse than it really was. Violent, targeted, and dangerous... not suspension worthy in how the NHL defines it. Should have been a penalty though and Landy shouldn't have had to beat the snot out of Schenn.

I think in that situation, early in game 1, I prefer Schenn get his face punched in as the Blues watch.

They want to be a physical team but it really isn't their identity, trying to be something they aren't is going to lead to more 50+ shots against and Binnington is not going to play that well every game.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
It probably should have been a minor penalty, but the officiating yesterday was so inconsistent. I think Landy goes for that fight, penalty or not.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Kadri had a bad first game. Considering how good he looked as a LW at the end of the season, and how bad he looked for most of the season, I'm beginning to wonder if this issue is that he can't play C anymore.

Kadri-Newhook-Burakovsky had success at the end of the season, and Saad-Kadri-Burakovsky had success earlier in the year. I hope one of these lines is re-united last game. The Burakovsky-Kadri-Donskoi line has never really worked in two years.

Reactions: Raithe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad