Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 7: Ivan Provorov, D, Brandon (WHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
So happy. You win championships by building your d-corp. Ours is arguably built better than some pretty recent champions.

What are everyone's guesses for Ivan sticking with the team this year? I know Hextall is preaching patience, but the kid is pretty close to NHL ready from what I've heard. May get the 9 game treatment?

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
So happy. You win championships by building your d-corp. Ours is arguably built better than some pretty recent champions.

What are everyone's guesses for Ivan sticking with the team this year? I know Hextall is preaching patience, but the kid is pretty close to NHL ready from what I've heard. May get the 9 game treatment?

If he can get rid of some guys like Gross or Schenn, he might make the team. Or if I am Hexy, I say screw re-signing Del Zotto, let Provorov take his spot.

SgtJoseph*

Nice pick ! I like how Homer and now Hexty have made steady strides in building our Defense using the draft .Hopefully the lads will come along in their development and start making their way up to the big show over next few years . I see our club being strong up top on the blue line in the near future . Go Flyers !

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
If 3 out of our 5 dmen develop to anything close to there projections then this will be a stud group. Gonna be tough retaining them all though. Either that or they will be fantastic trade chips. We saw what coburn got us in a deep draft

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Craig Button is going crazy right now.

You pencil this kid into the top 4 and you don't have to worry about him for the next 8 years or so. Safest pick after the top 2 guys imo. Skillset should compliment the other top 3 guys in the system pretty well.

Hate to be the guy trying to work the contracts of all these guys on the backend in a few years but it's a good problem to have. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
And it is very common for teams to use draft years for jerseys.
2009+NHL+Draft+Portraits+gtakA07aXvUl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad