Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 7: Ivan Provorov, D, Brandon (WHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Suter is still pumping out 25+ minute, 40-50 point seasons. He was also the 7th overall pick.

Ryan Suter Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

I agree with Alex K that the max length of contracts will only come down in future. It's really the only thing the owners have left to fight for after getting their hard cap and 50/50 revenue split.

It's also good for the game, you don't want a franchise buried for a decade b/c of a stupid GM/Owner, that's not good for the league.
While individual agents may hate it, it's good for the players as a whole, since it frees up money from under producers for the players putting fans in the seats.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Slow release on his wrister too

The wrist shot is the key in today's NHL.
Which is why I think Provorov has a shot at a regular 20 goal scorer, he's physical, has a good instinct for the soft spots in front of the net, and has a nice wrist shot.

An accurate wrist shot with a quick release is the toughest shot to stop, especially from smart shooters who know how to use a defender to screen the goalie and shoot as soon "through" the defender's body. Place it in either upper corner and force the goalie to make a great save.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This thread is close enough to the reinstated 1000 post limit that I'm going to just shut it and open a player discussion thread. I'm confident we'll have plenty to say about him over his next 24 years in Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad