Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 7: Ivan Provorov, D, Brandon (WHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
e56c8740-9d35-11e4-bc5d-859d5ca9a695_provorov1.jpg

Man I feel good even with my home bombed by trees.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Absolutely thrilled this guy is going to be a stud dman and lead our D.

Now we draft the next sharp or G with the next pick. Or try and move up. Hexy says we will lowly go fwd.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'm so ****ing pumped at this pick. If all fell right, I've been saying it for weeks - PICK PROVOROV!

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I trust our scouts-gm. When you go bpa like successful organizations do, this pick is a steal. A team in philly will be built from the net out. Our d is gonna be an elite unit.. Sanheim-provorov, morin-ghost,hagg-Friedman is an outstanding unit.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Just wondering...does anyone dislike this pick????

Great job Hexy! He's gonna be the best D from this draft.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Provorov is a good fit with the other three, I see him pairing with Sanheim, with Morin and Ghost the other pair (Morin can protect Ghost and play more defensively). His steadiness will allow Sanheim to be more aggressive, and they should be a deadly combination, rotating in and out of the offensive zone.

You then have Hagg, Friedman, Alt, et al as your third pair, playing 15 minutes a night.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Morin -- Gostisbehere
Provorov -- Sanheim
Hagg -- Friedman
Vasiliev

vs

MacDonald -- Streit
Medvedev -- Schultz
Del Zotto -- Schenn
Grossmann
Gudas

Which is better at this exact moment? :laugh:

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
Have to love the pick. Saved ourselves a lot of trouble (7+Ghost+Laughts, lol Eklund) and got the guy they wanted.

All 5 of our D prospects are fantastic skaters.

Friedman is as well by all accounts. He gets forgotten about but seems to be coming along well too. Man we're stacked on D.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The other thing to keep in mind, is we're used to judging our offensive players forgetting they play with immobile defensemen. When this group shows up in two years, we're going to have defensemen who can bring the pick up shift after shift, pass it to a forward into the offensive zone - that will make a huge difference for some forwards, playing half the ice - it might even salvage Vinnie's career (just joking, folks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad