Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 24: Travis Konecny, RW, Ottawa (OHL); signed ELC 7/16/15 (post #338)

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm thinking of a hybrid Steph Curry mixed with a kindergartener hopped up on Pixie Stix. On skates.

I'm excited about the Pixie Stix and on skates. But the Curry thing doesn't translate. The NHL doesn't have a 3-pt shot, heck, they don't even have a 2-pt shot. Who has the best FT%? I want Konecny to translate into that player, with Mentos and Diet Coke (so he doesn't get fat).

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The only issue I have with Konecny is that he's pretty redundant with Morin here.

They're basically the same player so maybe they should decide which they want to keep and then trade the other for help elsewhere.

Just a thought.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
The only issue I have with Konecny is that he's pretty redundant with Morin here.

They're basically the same player so maybe they should decide which they want to keep and then trade the other for help elsewhere.

Just a thought.

Better do it now before everybody figures out he isn't any good.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Better do it now before everybody figures out he isn't any good.

Just a thought.

The Sixers are in this conundrum. The rumor mill is swirling they're gonna trade a young big for crap on the dollar. It'd be a shame if the Flyers fall to the same level.

Obviously you have to trade Morin, because he's a better known and will return better value, even if he's probably the better player. It'd be great to trade Konecny, but that ship has sailed. He never improved his jump shot, and the league has figured him out. Of course Konecny has a great wrister, but the Flyers held onto him for too long, unlike MCW and the Sixers. The Sixers are such a well run organization, the Flyers should take notes.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Obviously you have to trade Morin, because he's a better known and will return better value, even if he's probably the better player. It'd be great to trade Konecny, but that ship has sailed. He never improved his jump shot, and the league has figured him out. Of course Konecny has a great wrister, but the Flyers held onto him for too long, unlike MCW and the Sixers. The Sixers are such a well run organization, the Flyers should take notes.

Breaking his leg in the 2nd Triple Crown race was probably the end of it for him. And with all his other issues you wont get decent stud fees. Just take him out back and shoot him.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
He's so good. I don't have any doubts his game will transfer to this league. As I've said before, I'd be just as happy with his game if we took him at 7. At 24 he's the steal of the draft

totally agree. he is just so ****ing good. the konk is an automatic impact player/game changer in my view. i have no doubt whatsoever.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Someone posted a video of Konecny highlights from last season. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Vo6xfyk8-o0

I like the one where he splits two defensemen then scores from his knees.

You could see he was special in camp last fall, it's the instincts to make plays in a crowd that stand out, similar to Giroux, he doesn't panic, he has great ice vision and a quick wrist shot.

A lot of guys look great in junior because they can skate and shoot, and have a lot more room to operate because of the lower level of competition.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I think Konecny is probably a 2nd baseman at the MLS level though. He's way too small to play nose tackle.

Gosh, can you imagine Benny Logan or Fletcher Cox trying to play water polo? That's what I think of when someone tells me Konecny is going to be a Ballon D'Or winner playing scrumhalf on the hot corner for the Jamaican 4*100 Relay Team! Ain't gonna HAPPEN!

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I did a complete SWOT analysis and a Myers Briggs on him, and I even opened an account in his name on Ancestry.com and he projects very low in the 98th percentile as a hockeyer.

But like, isn't the 98th percentile good? Like when testing in school?

And, does he know that a roast pork sandwich is better than a cheesesteak, does he know how to order a cheesesteak correctly, and what percentile player will he be in Philadelphia?

Anyhow, it's nice to know you're doing the good legwork Hextall failed to do before drafting Konecny. Hopefully this type of legwork is being done for this year's selection.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
But like, isn't the 98th percentile good? Like when testing in school?

And, does he know that a roast pork sandwich is better than a cheesesteak, does he know how to order a cheesesteak correctly, and what percentile player will he be in Philadelphia?

Anyhow, it's nice to know you're doing the good legwork Hextall failed to do before drafting Konecny. Hopefully this type of legwork is being done for this year's selection.

98th percentile good??? Do you even WATCH math?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad