Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 24: Travis Konecny, RW, Ottawa (OHL); signed ELC 7/16/15 (post #338)

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
what i am saying, is he doesn't generate them. he use to be able to single handedly go up the wall and create his own breakaways. Those days are gone. his skating has gone way downhill.

I trust you're not judging his skating from the goal highlights

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You gotta laugh at someone whose standard for the Flyers coach is can they fog a mirror, but demands that the Flyers best players be top three in the entire league.

Do you think Voracek has played up to his raw talent?

Couts certainly has.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You gotta laugh at someone whose standard for the Flyers coach is can they fog a mirror, but demands that the Flyers best players be top three in the entire league.

I don't "demand" anything, I just point out that Voracek is easily the most physically talented player on the Flyers (at least until Patrick grows up), but only the 3rd or 4th best forward (depending how you rank TK) and soon to be passed by Patrick.

If Voracek maxed out his physical talent he'd be easily a top ten, maybe a top five forward in the NHL.

TK is smaller, not much faster, only 20 yet was almost as productive (though not off the 1st line).
He has a lot more development ahead of him (better judgment on offense, forces passes when he should shoot and gets careless with the puck at times, better awareness on defense, and just getting stronger so his body better suits his aggressive style of play).

Voracek is what he is, you accept that and move on.

Reactions: HockeyRyan929

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If used properly next year (top line with Giroux and Couturier and not 14 minutes per game) I wouldn’t be surprised to see him put up 25-30 goals.

He’s the PERFECT fit on that line and he’s already proven to be able to not only keep up and produce, but add a sorely needed element to that line. He’s no passenger. Having him anywhere else would be inexcusable.

Only thing that I could see hurting his scoring totals is if the 2nd PP is a train wreck again.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you were to move TK to the second line, you'd have to replace JVR with Lindblom to make it work, TK is a few years from driving a line, and JVR is here to score, not make plays. So that would be asking an awful lot of Patrick, whereas Voracek as a playmaker at RW and JVR at LW is a perfect balance.

Once Frost is NHL ready, TK would be a possibility on RW if you wanted a "speed" line because Frost is a playmaker, maybe Ratcliffe at LW? Eventually Farabee?

Ideally, you want TK to mature to the point where you can move him around to set up different looks and matchups, but I think he's a couple years away, right now he's better being sheltered with G & Couts than asked to be a prime mover on a line.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I don't "demand" anything, I just point out that Voracek is easily the most physically talented player on the Flyers (at least until Patrick grows up), but only the 3rd or 4th best forward (depending how you rank TK) and soon to be passed by Patrick.

If Voracek maxed out his physical talent he'd be easily a top ten, maybe a top five forward in the NHL.

TK is smaller, not much faster, only 20 yet was almost as productive (though not off the 1st line).
He has a lot more development ahead of him (better judgment on offense, forces passes when he should shoot and gets careless with the puck at times, better awareness on defense, and just getting stronger so his body better suits his aggressive style of play).

Voracek is what he is, you accept that and move on.
voracek is a beast please stop selling everyone short.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
voracek is a beast please stop selling everyone short.

Voracek is a skilled playmaker, and strong possessing the puck, but no one who watches the NHL on a regular basis would consider him a "beast."

Now if he wanted to be a beast, he has the physical attributes to be a dominant, physical two way forward.
But he lacks the mentalite.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And so far Fletcher has yet to trade a player that he or Hextall drafted.
So the streak continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->