Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #19: Jay O'Brien, C, MA-USHS --> Providence U

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can't see how this latest request would get approved - on what grounds? This never happens, in NCAA transfers

Wonder how Penticton in the BCHL feels about this. He just announced he'd play there a few weeks ago. Sure to be a little awkward there, if/when he reports when his latest transfer request is denied (which again it is sure to be).

Really wonder what is going on with this kid. The more you hear about how he handled his freshman season, besides what was already discussed above on this thread - understand he really alienated teammates with his "I'm a first round pick" attitude, and his failure to work hard coming back from his injuries. Says something, that the team went to the Frozen Four without him. Hear that there were no tears at Providence when he left...

He better get his head on straight, as right now this quitting, or leaving, or always looking for a "better" chance - will get old soon.

Unless you have a source for this stuff, I would keep it to yourself.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Honestly, wherever he plays hopefully he just stays healthy and improves on that. He has the talent but if you are too injury prone that'll shut you down fast from making it to the NHL and improving.

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
Regarding transfer waivers, recently the NCAA has been more accommodating in cases of "injury" (physical / emotional). Nick Suriano (wresting) and Justin fields (football) immediately come to mind. If JOB's petition introduces credible medical documentation to support his waiver request, I suspect it will be granted even if it's marginal.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
What would you recommend? He committed to Providence at 15 and hates it there. He stays and suck it up cause its what big boys do?

I'd recommend new advisors around him. He's left Providence, committed to the BCHL, and is now trying to go to BU. If going from Providence to BU were an option, he should've been made aware of that sooner before the BCHL commitment.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I'd recommend new advisors around him. He's left Providence, committed to the BCHL, and is now trying to go to BU. If going from Providence to BU were an option, he should've been made aware of that sooner before the BCHL commitment.
You dont know if he didnt started the transfer stuff to BU before he said he would play BCHL if it doesnt work out. Or do you? And not sure that it matters anyway. Maybe he even looked or still looking at his Shawinigan option in the Q. Its nice to have options. Could it be that the BCHL team knew about his preference and what did they lose if he does get his release from Providence?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
38071889_10216557810248242_1742465088071139328_n.jpg

Morin with his cousins as of last summer. Pretty obvious this guy has no family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad