Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #14: Joel Farabee, LW, USNTDP --> Boston U

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
If by stirring the pot you mean advocating the the Flyers fill the Phantoms up with even more 25+ year old veterans instead of using those roster spots on kids on ELCs, then I guess you are stirring the pot. Congratulations.

Bunnaman doesn't deserve an ELC cause he was -7 is maybe the worst argument about a prospect I've ever read.
You are just picking out certain stats i'm looking at them all combined and you are only trying to look at one player i mentioned . If you want to get into a conversation on stats of playing on a strong team vs a weaker team who your line mates are usage etc to try to make a point i will listen . I quoted a few stats of Twar and you just glossed over that. Bunny i took point production and mentioned it has not increased while the team also got stronger talked +- etc... Just saying this is the worst argument ever made and not backing it up with reasons why and not just one reason makes for poor banter.
On your other posistion of whether we want to just fill up LV with just Not 25 and under players makes me think you don't understand the AHL. Not very many AHL are owned by their NHL team they are seperately owned and have their own fan base to try to please . They will always run a bunch of vets and work in some of their NHL affiliated teams players but they are in winning now mode cause it affects their pocket book . Look at the two teams that were just in the finals . Their players that they rolled most often were mostly were vets with a few young kids . I'm too lazy to look but i think it's St Louis"s AHL team, anyways it's the one that Vegas was sharing this last year . St Louis is dropping that AHL team cause they were playing who they wanted and would not listen to ST Louis management , AHL team said they did not need their prospects to make a sucessful team and would play who they want . Long story short Philly has some control over LV but not total control so filling them up with just our young players only ain't happening .
I just got unlazy and looked it is St Louis AHL team . Chicago Wolves

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Phantoms have a very strong incentive to work with the Flyers, the success of the franchise is closely tied to being the Flyers' farm system because the fans strongly identify with the parent club, and one of the draws is watching Flyer prospects. So far from wanting to limit prospects, as long as the Flyers are committed to drafting and developing top prospects in Lehigh, the club I'm sure welcomes the chance to showcase these players as well as win games.

This is far different from a half dozen years ago when Laughton was probably the best prospect to play on the Phantoms, and most of the Flyer prospects were marginal players with limited value in terms of both fan interest and winning games. Last year fans saw Lindblom, Myers, Sanheim for a stretch, NAK, etc. This year Rubtsov, Kase, Laberge, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Hart. Next year an even sexier group of prospects if Allison and Laczynski leave college.

There are strong synergies between Hextall's vision for the organization and the local owners' pocketbook.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You can only dress so many veterans in the AHL so you need to have young guys to fill out a roster.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
You can only dress so many veterans in the AHL so you need to have young guys to fill out a roster.
What is the amount of vets you can dress ? also just cause you dress them don't mean you are playing them much ,

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What is the AHL’s development rule?
In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association have the following development rule in place:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

FAQ | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What is the amount of vets you can dress ? also just cause you dress them don't mean you are playing them much ,
They have to dress at least 12 "prospects". Why wouldn't a team play kids that they drafted and signed to an NHL contract?

I mean they just qualified Tyrell Goulbourne. I'm more worried about that than giving kids that had good junior careers a chance to prove themselves at the next level, even if they are "low upside" guys.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
They have to dress at least 12 "prospects". Why wouldn't a team play kids that they drafted and signed to an NHL contract?

I mean they just qualified Tyrell Goulbourne. I'm more worried about that than giving kids that had good junior careers a chance to prove themselves at the next level, even if they are "low upside" guys.
Read my posts earlier , i also have friends 2 to be exact who have kids playing in the AHL and they constantly complain how they sit in the stands or on the bench while their vets play or just certain kids play just look at the posts on here about the flyers coaches it is the same most everywhere else even in the AHL . Some teams are better than others in developing and playing kids some are down right terrible .

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Read my posts earlier , i also have friends 2 to be exact who have kids playing in the AHL and they constantly complain how they sit in the stands or on the bench while their vets play or just certain kids play just look at the posts on here about the flyers coaches it is the same most everywhere else even in the AHL . Some teams are better than others in developing and playing kids some are down right terrible .
And water is wet. Parents are always going to complain about PT. No idea who you know, but if a team feels they have a kid with NHL potential, they are not going to let him rot in an AHL Press Box.

Teams have to fill out a roster with non-veteran players on ELC contracts. There is really no other way to field a team unless you want to sign a bunch of ECHL guys to try-out contracts which has Gong Show written all over it. Right now they are at 45 contracts with the OHL guys likely to slide. They are fine and if they ever get tight it's not like another team wouldn't take one off your hands in a minor deal.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He is a smart man!
OjGvZ8a.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad