Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 14: Cam York, D, USNTDP --> Michigan

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
What is it about York that would make F&F like him over a group of similarly talented prospects?

If it was high floor you'd think they'd go with Soderstrom.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Top u18 defensemen scoring in USHL history. Good company.

1b2e836cb68c654690e570ef17de63fe.png
at least he compares favorably, to colby cohen

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What is it about York that would make F&F like him over a group of similarly talented prospects?

Based on what they've said post-draft, it's because they think he's a dynamic all-around defenseman, with even PP1 potential. They said all these things in one form or another. But by all accounts, they love his ceiling, not just his floor.

Clearly he wasn't head and shoulders above -- despite saying they had him in their top 10 -- or they would've jumped on him at #11. Nothing says they did actually rank him above this or that player picked from #11-13. Just that they were close enough. They said 3 players in their top 10 remained on the board at #11.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Stealthy work by GMCF. Flyers had Cam York as a top 10 pick, and being able to get pick 45 with it too, wow! I personally would have picked Boldy or CC at 11 but hey if they loved York and he’s their guy go for it!

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Lol, suck my tiny f***in weiner, Fletcher. You f***ing asshole

Pissed away 2 chances to get a goal scorer and we'll all be hearing "but he recovered the second rounder!" as his best move since firing Hakstol.

Piece of worthless f***ing garbage. Can't wait for the Ghost trade too, there's little doubt in my mind after this run of brilliance.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Well if anything else ESPN has our pick on their front page right now and they are praising the Flyers for getting York where they did.....I like the rest of you wanted us to grab Krebs or Cole but perhaps down the road, we will find out that we did the right thing today....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad