JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
embiid.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wouldn't it be cooler if Hextall drafted K'Andre Miller or Rasmus Sandin over Jay ****ing O'Brien last year at 19th overall and then our ******* scouts didn't feel compelled to "restock the D prospects" by passing on Caufield for York?

Miller/Sandin & Caufield >>> O'Brien & York
I'll never be upset with upside picks, which I assume is what they saw JOB as.

ELab2

Apr 9, 2007
Atlantic City
Our last six first round picks before York were all forwards. It's not like we've been drafting only defenseman for years.
They also have a bunch of forwards who will need slots in the next year or two (Frost, Ratcliffe, Farabee and some 3/4 line guys) and more they have to get under contract and have potential spots for (Laczynski and Allison). It may already be hard to sign the latter two, adding a Caufield/Krebs/etc would arguably make it even harder.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If a draft prospect is described as "a safe pick" or "a sure bet to at least be a bottom six/depth player in the NHL," there's a 100% chance he's not making the NHL
You can get those kinds of guys in FA.

The draft should be about trying to get impact players because typically if you don’t draft those guys you’re unlikely to get one.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It’s like they got Braun for free.

I like the way you think. I got an offer for you. You're going to give me for $2000 this year and $1000 next year. In exchange, I'm going to give you my Kia. It's got a lot of miles on it and gets poor mileage now, it only has a year left in the engine, and frankly the upkeep on it isn't something I can fit in my budget anymore. But all that's ok, because you can totally trade your brand new Accord to this guy I know for his new Civic and he'll give you 2 grand as well to make up the difference in value, so when you think about it, it's really like you're getting my car for free.

Deal?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
But for real though, this kid won't ever play a game for us. Will be part of a trade within a year or two.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I'm unloading all of my pent up rage on this kid.

I've been bottling everything up trying to be positive because it's so early in the offseason and because Hak is gone and nothing can be worse than Hak.

Rebel: Fletch has got this. We're a better team with Niskanen, Braun, & Hayes.
Also Rebel: Fletch drafted who??? That's it. I'm done. I'm going on a hunger strike until Fletcher is fired.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Perhaps someone can clue me in but why make this pick? Especially so if you've got Ghost, Provorov and Sanheim on the backend, I know you're drafting for the future but perhaps there was a forward who could be come in a lot sooner and be of impact?
They took so many forwards so high under Hextall, that there's never going to be a spot for all of them.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Hear me out..

We are going into win-now mode. We will be in trade market around the next few deadlines and offseasons. We are about to lock up two left-handed defensemen long-term and we still have Ghost for 4 more years minimum. Teams will be asking for York in trade negotiations. He will be considered expendable due to the age and makeup of our current defense.

Vegas traded Brannstrom.

Nashville traded Girard.

We are trading York at some point.

Hopefully we get a great player back and he helps us win a Cup. Then I don't give a flying f*** about anything anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad