Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Rangers in 7

Votes: 12 5.6%

• Total voters

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Have you seen Tristan Jarry's medical records? Do you know his history, any compounding conditions he might have?

No. Then how can you possibly state with any integrity that a "broken foot is being overstated?"

We don't know where the break occurred. We don't know if it was a single big break or a few tiny fractures. The location within the foot and the severity of the fracture/break can alter the timeline and its impact on his pain level, flexibility, and strength.

We can play around on WebMD all you want, but the reality is that people heal differently. If doctors and a player determine he can't play, then fans need to deal with it. I would rather team doctors hold a player out, even if it's just a few days, to gain a better determination of a player's health status than to put a player back in and have them get reinjured. I don't care if it's a preseason game or Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. This is sports, not life or death.

Pretty common sense really. They took him out a month ago. He's been on skates for a week now. Rehabbing before that.

That doesn't seem to be a guy in pain, and conditioning is probably the hold up more than the foot.

And to clarify, I think the broken foot is being overstated here.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Clearly Crosby's still bothered by the concussion. He's smiling all the time? When does Sid normally smile?
Sid’s the smiling assassin.

If he’s smiling and talking to someone calmly at the Penguins they are probably going to do whatever he is asking whether they want to or not 😂

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Everybody needs to take a step back and get off WebMD lol. Do people actually think that if Jarry was truly ready last night he wouldn’t have played? So the doctors and everyone said he was ready but Sullivan just said nah, I want to play my AHL goalie in probably the most critical game since 2017 instead? Get real, here.

There’s a different rehab process for everyone and no one actually knows what was broken or how severe it was. If he plays tomorrow it means everyone was comfortable with not just risk to him but also with how capable he will be.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pretty common sense really. They took him out a month ago. He's been on skates for a week now. Rehabbing before that.

That doesn't seem to be a guy in pain, and conditioning is probably the hold up more than the foot.

And to clarify, I think the broken foot is being overstated here.

Anyone denying the Penguins are being conservative with bringing these guys back from injury is kidding themselves.

Everybody needs to take a step back and get off WebMD lol. Do people actually think that if Jarry was truly ready last night he wouldn’t have played? So the doctors and everyone said he was ready but Sullivan just said nah, I want to play my AHL goalie in probably the most critical game since 2017 instead? Get real, here.

There’s a different rehab process for everyone and no one actually knows what was broken or how severe it was. If he plays tomorrow it means everyone was comfortable with not just risk to him but also with how capable he will be.

There is no risk with a broken bone. It is pain management.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Anyone denying the Penguins are being conservative with bringing these guys back from injury is kidding themselves.

There is no risk with a broken bone. It is pain management.
You literally have no idea what his status is, what bone was broken, what effect it has on his ability to PLAY WELL, or where he is in his process.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You literally have no idea what his status is, what bone was broken, what effect it has on his ability to PLAY WELL, or where he is in his process.

Neither do you. If they play tomorrow it’s obvious they could’ve played on Friday.

The reason why they didn’t is because of what you are outlining. But the reality is they are likely healthy enough to go if we are the ones down 3-1.

Not sure there is anything wrong with the Penguins mindset. We were up 3-1.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Again if Jarry plays tomorrow I don’t think it’s a “he was healthy enough to play Friday situation” I think it’s a “we can’t afford to have Domingue in net anymore and a Tristan Jarry who isn’t fully healthy, is still the best option we have” situation. Even if he plays tomorrow I have sever doubts that he’s actually back to 100%. I just think he is going to be willing to play through it to try and help the team move on

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Neither do you. If they play tomorrow it’s obvious they could’ve played on Friday.

The reason why they didn’t is because of what you are outlining. But the reality is they are likely healthy enough to go if we are the ones down 3-1.

Not sure there is anything wrong with the Penguins mindset. We were up 3-1.
That’s not how rehab works. It isn’t just about whether you will make an injury worse, it’s also about whether you can actually do your job capably.

They? Are you saying Crosby and Rakell should have rushed back with brain injuries? Do you have any idea how much two days can matter for that?

People here seem to just be looking for another reason to take a crap on Sullivan or the team. The players will come back when everyone concerned is comfortable with their health and capability depending on what the injury is and what their job requirements are.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Where he is in the process? He is practicing with the team taking regular shots. The other two goalies lollygagging at center ice. This seems like conditioning at this point.

Do you think he's out there to just serenade his teammates?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They wanted to get Jarry more practice reps…I don’t think Sullivan should be raked over the coals for not playing Jarry last night..It’s already risky to put him in a playoff game without any hard practices when he hasn’t played even a RS game in a month…there’s other things you can be pissed at Sullivan about lol…

Reactions: vikingGoalie

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Where he is in the process? He is practicing with the team taking regular shots. The other two goalies lollygagging at center ice. This seems like conditioning at this point.

Do you think he's out there to just serenade his teammates?
Did you miss where I said it’s not just about the injury but about whether he can do his job?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Did you miss where I said it’s not just about the injury but about whether he can do his job?

A lot of players have come in cold before, some players are better than others even not fully conditioned. That's the reality of playoff hockey. Now, they have no recourse, win or it "JUST DOESN'T MATTER."

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
As a former goalie, what chance do you give that Jarry is going to be much better at stopping the puck after not having played for 6 weeks? I know it can’t be worse but he could he be just as bad as Domingue? I don’t think the Pens have a choice but it will be much debated if Jarry has troubles and let’s in some soft goals…
Ok famous last words here, but it would be hard for him to be worse. It's a horrible situation to put him in in many ways. Depends where his head is at. But MSG is going to be rocking, we gave our opponent a lot of confidence after giving up a pair of games where we had a 2 goal lead. Throw in that Zibanjad is one of their most dangerous players and he finally woke up last game. (mainly because he's been hemmed in his end tyring to defend against Sid) I expect them to be playing their best hockey of the series in this game. This team knows this is it, they lose the core likely is broken up in some fashion. That and father time never loses.

Still you have to put Jarry in. Dominque literally looks worse in net then some of the feel good emergency call ups stories where you get the guy sitting in the stands to come in and play. That was a soul crushing goal to give up last night. At this point the guys in the locker room mindset has gone from let's help this career AHL guy win and play good in front of him, to OMG can he just stop a puck.
Jarry will give a boost to the guys in front of him. Whether Jarry will rise to the occasion or melt, who knows, that was still a question to be answered after last year's playoffs. It's horrible for a goalie though to go from not seeing game action to the most pressure filled situation possible in playoff hockey. If Jarry's head is right and he makes it through the first 10m without committing any gaffes and possible a big save I think he'll be alright.

But it's a flip of the coin. One we have to take.

Reactions: wheelz87 and Andy99

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If Crosby and Jarry play tomorrow Trouba will in the first minute elbow Crosby in the head while stomping on Jerry's foot with his skate.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Crosby and Jarry play tomorrow Trouba will in the first minute elbow Crosby in the head while stomping on Jerry's foot with his skate.

They wouldn't need Trouba to take out both guys. They also have Chris "I accidentally on purpose run goalies" Kreider to take care of Jarry.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
A lot of players have come in cold before, some players are better than others even not fully conditioned. That's the reality of playoff hockey. Now, they have no recourse, win or it "JUST DOESN'T MATTER."
Yesterday they did have a recourse, that’s why Domingue played.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I think Jarry is our netminder he took most of the shots in practice.
The broken foot thing, it's two things. As a goalie you might get hit on the foot, and you know that Ranger players will be wacking his foot if they get a chance. The bigger thing is can he push off on it. Anyone know which foot it was? Thing to watch for, when he goes down and then tries to butterfly slide to the opposite side of the broken foot. If that foot is good enough he'll be ok.

It's not the same as a player who is skating through an injury. As a goalie your brain has to be 100% focused on the play around you. Playing in net is more mental then anything.

If your foot hurts like hell every time you do a certain move you can try to play through it but if you even think about it you're not thinking about the play around you. The mental aspect and the physical can slow you down just a microsecond enough that what would be a save is now a goal.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Trouba’s pick up line at the bar

1652568000948.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad