GDT: Round 1 Game 5: Bs @ Caps | 5/23/2021 | 7:00p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Riding train home from game 5

4 and 5 were just shit efforts

They kept it within 1 goal 1 2 and 3

Imploding 4 and 5 lost them the series. 2 straight losses in 5 is not acceptable.

People need to be held accountable. The game had a pp early (many in fact) and it couldn't do shit. I'd expect some assistant coaching shakeups and discarding some dead weight.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Knew this was going to be bad when Lavi iced nearly a full lineup last game of the season, and the Bruins sent out an AHL practice squad, and we still struggled.

Do not discount the psychological and physical effect from that one move.
Exactly, it was very telling. I was really surprised that he'd do that. I always like Lavvy and thought that he was pretty savvy but this season he seemed to have lost his fastball. He did a mediocre job overall IMO.

Reactions: fniss and EroCaps

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I’m as disappointed as the next with this team but there is no way they were even remotely healthy enough to compete with the bruins
That’s why they needed to use some of the black aces. Still a long shot, but at least you get some players skating full speed

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
We've been over this. Trotz did not want to return. When asked to coach the final year of his contract without an extension, he made up his mind.
GMBM made up HIS mind long before Trotz. He thought TR was the future. There was NOTHING to stop team from tearing up Trotz contract and giving him a proper raise after winning our first Cup in 44 years. Instead, front office had made it clear all year long they didn’t see Trotz as the future. Abundantly clear. Trotz knew it, fans knew it

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
GMBM made up HIS mind long before this happened. He thought TR was the future. There was NOTHING to stop team from tearing up Trotz contract and giving him a proper raise after winning our first Cup in 44 years. Instead, front office had made it clear all year long they didn’t see Trotz as the future. Abundantly clear. Trotz knew it, fans knew it
Agreed. It was clear that management wanted to go a different direction. It didn't work out very well for us.
Things may not have been any different if Trotz stayed. Who knows.

Reactions: troyerlaw
Sep 19, 2008
We've been over this. Trotz did not want to return. When asked to coach the final year of his contract without an extension, he made up his mind.
I've been saying this repeatedly on reddit. The amount of people forgetting this is disturbing

People just make excuses saying Ted lowballed trotz or other fiction

He literally told torts he wasn't coming back

Reactions: txpd

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
GMBM made up HIS mind long before Trotz. He thought TR was the future. There was NOTHING to stop team from tearing up Trotz contract and giving him a proper raise after winning our first Cup in 44 years. Instead, front office had made it clear all year long they didn’t see Trotz as the future. Abundantly clear. Trotz knew it, fans knew it

This. 100% this.

Remember the post cup win presser where Trotz said something to the effect of "we will find a way to get the contract done".

Doesn't sound like something someone would say if they were hell bent on leaving.

Management wanted him gone. They wanted Rierden.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Because he had a contract and a clause in place that if he won a cup there was an automatic two year extension that kicked in. Ted wanted him to honor his deal. Made sense to me.
Would it have been possible for Ted to end that contract early and give Trotz a new one. Was there no way to be creative?

Reactions: troyerlaw
Sep 19, 2008
That being said this team can reload for another run. But they need youth to contribute.

That mantha trade not only dealt vrana but draft picks. f***.

Hoping we can get some of the Hershey boys playing.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
That being said this team can reload for another run. But they need youth to contribute.

That mantha trade not only dealt vrana but draft picks. f***.

Hoping we can get some of the Hershey boys playing.
Which of the Hershey kids are actually ready? Anyone other than Fehervary? Is AA ready? The games CMM played he looked like he was totally lost. Did one season in Hershey really prepare him for the NHL? Whose spot would he take?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

All evidence I've seen over the years Ted hires the coach

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
It may be a hot take but our core was brutal these playoffs except may be Ovy, he showed glimpses here and there, still not great even for 35 year old. I love Backy, but let's be honest for the most part of his career he underperformed in the playoffs or absolutely sucked. I wouldn't mind to trade him but we all know him and Ovy are untouchables; These playoffs probably was the worst for him.
Carlson, no words. No wonder he didn't win any Norrises, can wrack points only the PP, also disappears most of the time in the playoffs. Wilson, man I hope all this stuff that happened with him after Rangers didn't affect him mentally, but I think it actually did, kinda like Ovy after that Campbell hit in 2010 but more in a worse way actually. He wasn't that brutal of the force these playoffs at all, like almost it wasn't Willy we all know.

Mantha, absolutely terrible, I told then during that trade off and telling now, it will be the worst trade in franchise history after 05 lockout, yes even worse than that Erat-Forsberg trade. We needed speed today, and we didn't have it, Vrana would help a ton, and trade 2 first rounds picks for him?

As unfortunate as it sounds, but I think we can all officially conclude that that window is closed... and it sucks that Ovy most likely end up only with 1 Cup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino