Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Is it too late for a playoff avatar?

seinfeld-gifs-had-enough.gif

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Couple of parting thoughts, I'll probably linger around here for a few days but...

-It's possible they folded completely after Sammy's mental error. The lack of adjustments from everyone is very concerning, nothing worked and nothing changed. The effort was never there from Carlson or Backstrom. Oshie gave what he could but if he's going to be hurt every year he's useless.

-Have to trade Kuzy, even for futures. Again, if he's not going to show up when it matters, then it doesn't matter.

-The lack of physicality when that's our strength is maddening.

-I think Samsonov is going to be a good goalie if he gets his head out of his ass, I'm content with him moving forward.

-At most, we have two years depending on moves made from the brass, after that we'll be worse than the Blackhawks or Kings are currently. That's why these past two seasons have hurt and been as frustrating as they are.

Reactions: Raikkonen

Scorlov

May 17, 2021
I like the idea of billing yourself as the league's biggest most physical team while having the oldest core. Absolutely brilliant to have players on the wrong side of 30 spend all season hitting everything in sight so by the time the playoffs roll around they're held together by glue and toothpicks while the refs are staring down every hit they make. Utterly bizarre that they didn't coast their way to a cup following that formula.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I really would wonder if Ovi will go ring chasing. I honestly wonder if that'd be better for the teams future.

Looking at it without fan emotion OV moving on would be better for him and the team. I don’t think he is going anywhere though.

Having said that, where would he best fit outside Washington?

Reactions: AussieCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad