GDT: Round 1 Game 5: Bs @ Caps | 5/23/2021 | 7:00p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporwave

Jan 19, 2019
Past two years Covid seasons. Neither season counts anyways. Fake seasons with asterisks. Smart for caps to get out early and get extra rest until the normal season starts up again. Next year we will be more rested then all the other contenders. Caps now have to be cup favorites in 2022
Such a hot take lol.

Reactions: Red Dread

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
Lavi has won a Cup and taken 3 different team to the SCF. I have a hard time blaming coaching at this point because he is a proven winner. There is an issue with the core of the team and I'm not sure exactly what it is. Thank f***ing God for 2018 because this would be unbearable otherwise.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Do we want to go there? I am a huge Trotz supporter. I liked his system. I didn't want him to leave.
Most here wanted Trotz gone. Even before we won the cup. They got their wish.
The thing I don’t understand is why Leonsis couldn’t have said Trotz you are right, we were gonna get rid of you but clearly I was wrong. Give me a number any number and you can have it.

Reactions: troyerlaw

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I still think there are locker room issues that affected their play on the ice.

Just wasn't the same team the last couple of weeks of the regular season and they carried that into the playoffs.

Clearly. The season couldn't have ended any worse.

-Injuries to key players
-Apparent discipline/COVID issues that cost games
-finishing against your playoff opponent and barely beating their B side

Not ideal.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Just wasn't the same team the last couple of weeks of the regular season and they carried that into the playoffs.
I don't really want to hit the like button on one of your posts but I actually agree with you.

Reactions: troyerlaw

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
The thing I don’t understand is why Leonsis couldn’t have said Trotz you are right, we were gonna get rid of you but clearly I was wrong. Give me a number any number and you can have it.
Because he had a contract and a clause in place that if he won a cup there was an automatic two year extension that kicked in. Ted wanted him to honor his deal. Made sense to me.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Something happened right before that fateful night in New York when Kuznetsov and Samsonov got scratched, same night as the Wilson incident.

They wouldn’t say what it was before, but maybe the truth will come out at some point this summer.

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
So glad McMichael, Leason, Alexyev and Fehervary got an up close view of that series.

Next year, let's call up more people to show them how NOT to go about it.

I get that there were a lot of injuries but what's the excuse for those who weren't?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

We've been over this. Trotz did not want to return. When asked to coach the final year of his contract without an extension, he made up his mind.

Reactions: John Price

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
giphy.gif

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver

I could be wrong but I think Barry felt slighted by the organization not believing in him and was gone regardless of pay.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Honestly. I want him to break the record, however I can't envision him not being a Cap. I rather he retire if that is the case because we all know he would have the record now had it not been for bullshit lockouts and Covid. He is one of those players who puts the face on a franchise. Some original teams can boast many faces, but for the Caps it's Ovy.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sword

May 26, 2014
Caps and Blues haven't won a single round in the playoffs since winning their cups. Kuzy has to be traded before his value goes any lower.

Reactions: Pomee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia