GDT: Round 1 Game 4 || Tampa Bay @ Columbus || Elimination Game

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm a Sabres fan. I got to see 05-07 teams early on in my fanhood. I still think of those cherished moments almost every day, and stuff like that is what gets me through times like these with my team.

I'm so happy for y'all that you finally get a moment like this to cherish. It's going to stick with y'all forever. And there should still be many more to come in the coming weeks, hopefully months.

Much deserved. Have a blast Columbus, and kick the **** out of the **** Leafs or the **** Bruins!!!
I'm from Batavia.... went to game 3 in the SCF 2003 in Buffalo...

Thank you for the kind and wisdom comment...

That said, I still think that tank 5 years ago was a blunder... Ted is great guy, I lost the Sabres after that debacle...

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
That was a dominating performance by CBJ - TB was thoroughly outplayed in every department

Job well done and congratulations to all the fans, CBJ deserved the outcome as they were definitely the better team

Reactions: Bobcat110

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Congratulations, the better team did go through for sure. You played really well and could definitely surprise more in the playoffs if you keep it up.

For us it will be a long summer, we are still a bit shell-shocked over what happened.

You guys have a great team. Don't know exactly what happened, and I'm sure you want to hear none of it (especially right now) but your team will easily use this as fuel to go forward. It's easy to say you can use a game 7 loss as fuel for the next year, but when your team dominated as much as it did this year with no adversity, I bet they thought getting by round 1 was just a formality. Next year they won't. Bottom line, Tampa is going to be f***ing good for a long time.

Good series and good luck.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
We sweep the best team in the NHL, who tied for the best record in NHL history, to complete the biggest upset in NHL history on the same night Pittsburgh gets swept and **** on by the Islanders.

April 16th was the best night in CBJ franchise history.
I do love that the pens got swept, but not gonna lie...I was hoping we would be the ones to knock them out.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Congrats CBJ. Very nice team you have there. I actually picked you guys in my NHL bracket to beat TB. Sounds like hockey is taking off in Columbus

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Could hardly sleep last night. Voice is entirely gone, feet hurt, back hurts, but man... am I one happy MF'n camper this morning!!!! :yo:

Everything that happens from here is a bonus in my eyes, its been a wild ride already and I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

What I got to witness in that arena last night will be with me forever. :nod:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Looking at the mains, every other thread is STILL about Tampa. Initially it annoyed me that no one was giving credit to our boys, but instead calling out Tampa. Last night I dropped a few “how but some credit to the CBJ” replies. Nothing boasting or inflammatory (and also ignored, lol). Now, this morning I am glad we are still being underestimated. I’m refraining from posting on the mains and hope our HF crew keeps from becoming insufferable there. Lots of work ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Looking at the mains, every other thread is STILL about Tampa. Initially it annoyed me that no one was giving credit to our boys, but rather calling out Tampa. Last night I dropped a few “how but some credit to the CBJ” replies. Nothing boasting or inflammatory (and also ignored, lol). Now, this morning I am glad we are still being underestimated. I’m refraining from posting on the mains and hope our HF crew keeps from becoming insufferable there. Lots of work ahead.
The main board is a pit. Most hockey fans realize your boys played very well and deserve this

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Looking at the mains, every other thread is STILL about Tampa. Initially it annoyed me that no one was giving credit to our boys, but instead calling out Tampa. Last night I dropped a few “how but some credit to the CBJ” replies. Nothing boasting or inflammatory (and also ignored, lol). Now, this morning I am glad we are still being underestimated. I’m refraining from posting on the mains and hope our HF crew keeps from becoming insufferable there. Lots of work ahead.

MTL fan here.

First off, Congrats. Well deserved.

In the first thread of the series I called a win for you you guys and was pretty much ignored also, but it doesn't matter now. Just enjoy the moment.

To be honest, I would not be surprised in the least to see you guys in the cup final, and would not hesitate to call it in the mains either. I really think you have a good chance.

Enjoy it !!

Reactions: Bobcat110

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad