GDT: Round 1 Game 4 || Tampa Bay @ Columbus || Elimination Game

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Best way for Foligno to get revenge on Stamkos is to score goals and win the game. Him and his teammates can't go after him. Don't wake him up. Keep him frustrated. Don't take unnecessary penalties. After TB cried about lack of penalties. I'm sure the ref will be ready to call some. Now they won't call a stupid penalty but on plays that would be 50/50 they might just call one. And I know it's 3-0 but this game is critical. If TB wins, they have life and it's back in TB. Yes we won 2 but you would think they'll win 1 at home eventually. They win, it's 3-2. They still have momemtum and the pressure is on Columbus. Game 6 is a toss up and who knows, next thing you know, they're in TB for game 7. I'm probably over thinking it so basically just please win tomorrow. First 10 minutes will be huge. Either Columbus comes out flying and if they score a goal or two, TB will be devastated. If they hold on, they ride the goalies play and gain confidence. Or they come out flying. They score, they gain confidence. If they don't, they get bummed out and Columbus gains momemtum.

And I think Texier scores a big goal. Don't know if it's a gimme tap in on a nice play or he just makes a nice shot but he scores somehow.

Reactions: Doggy

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
4th win is hardest to get, so let's do this!!!

Super pumped, this is exciting new territory for the CBJ.

Agree with what was said above, don't get into retaliation - winning is the best way to show them up. Keep playing the strong game they have been.

Hope Nutivaara makes it back into the lineup.

Gotta post my CBJ mask collection again, for good luck.
IMG_20190407_170153.jpg

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I'm no longer doubting the Jackets....they've proven me wrong. However, if Tampa plays its best and CBJ play their best, can Jackets win? So far, Tampa hasn't played its best, and I hope that continues.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Same jersey, same hat, same shoes.. plan on trying to get the same parking spot.. same gum during the game..

Anybody else do silly superstitious stuff like this? Longest I ever went was the 16 game winning streak two years back :laugh: (granted, those were not all home games)

Last edited:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
We have waited almost 20 years for a game like this. I never would have expected the path, time and heartache it would take just to get to today's game. Although I'd like to think that the Lightning decide they'd rather be done and not go home to their fans on Friday, I bet they come out full bore. CBJ have beaten TB in come from behind shocker fashion, in a straight up ass kicking and then in the tight back and forth game Sunday night. Tampa was starting to figure things out in 3rd period. It'd be nice if the CBJ get a couple quick goals and crush TB's hopes, but I'm thinking this is the OT game. 4-3 Jackets in OT and Texier gets the winner.

Reactions: RickS and niflheim

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Bolts fan, come in peace. This team you all are rooting for is delivering the goods so far and has made my team look like ass. I have been silent outside my team's boards since the shorty in game 1.

I thought if I would venture outside again my first stop should be here with much humility and respect for what the CBJ fans are experiencing.

The true Bolts fans will never give up on their team while there is still a chance, which is why I wanted to fly my colors for perhaps the last time this season.

I read these boards and feel your excitement as a fellow fan. As unbelievable as this season has been for me as a Bolts fan, there is nothing compared to how you all are feeling right now.

Enjoy it and savor it for me! If the CBJ are destined to win this series, I hope for you fans it will be on home ice.

Good luck and may the best team and fans win!

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I'm no longer doubting the Jackets....they've proven me wrong. However, if Tampa plays its best and CBJ play their best, can Jackets win? So far, Tampa hasn't played its best, and I hope that continues.

Tampa, like any team, can only play at its best if allowed so.

Lets not allow them that.

If the Jackets win today then they will enjoy a relatively long, deserved rest while Boston and Toronto keep wearing each other out.

Lets just end it this evening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad