Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would be shocked if Granato did anything beyond a little tweaking that early in the season.

The entire point of the lines is balanced scoring. Taking away a top guy (Tuch) from Tage’s line is going to lead to tougher sledding for his line. If the other lines pick up the slack and there some it will work out overall.

Flipping a winger for a winger is my expectation, not full line shuffling.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Remember when the Sabres tried to shoehorn Mitts into the 2C role to replace O'Reilly? He wasn't ready then, and it took them way to long to realize that and send him down to Rochester to actually develop his game.

Doing the same to Savoie would be an absolute disservice to him. Ideally, you want your star prospect to be insulated, get acclimated to the league without the burden of immediate expectations, and then force the coach's hand to play them more because they succeed at their role.
Exactly and I don't think it's far fetched for Savoie to be ready and he just may make the team out of camp next year but it would be irresponsible and out of character for this FO to aggressively leave themselves in a spot where Savoie needs to fill that role.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
"2C, 3C" ,,,, Granato doesn't really have lines per say and I was simply replacing Mitts with Savoie. Cozens as the 2nd line center from an icetime and role perspective would make a ton of sense.
That could very well happen. I just think that next year, Savoie would have to force himself into that spot through playing time and he won't really have that opportunity before in-season next year especially considering he would be jumping a step (AHL).

I personally have high hopes for Mitts this season so I hope he's not the odd man out but this year might be a make or break one for him.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
That could very well happen. I just think that next year, Savoie would have to force himself into that spot through playing time and he won't really have that opportunity before in-season next year especially considering he would be jumping a step (AHL).

I personally have high hopes for Mitts this season so I hope he's not the odd man out but this year might be a make or break one for him.
Maybe I am wrong but didn't somebody point out that he isn't eligible to play in the AHL next year still

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Maybe I am wrong but didn't somebody point out that he isn't eligible to play in the AHL next year still
Yes. They might look for some sort of exemption because next year would make his 5th in juniors which is ridiculous for his talent. If there's no exemption, he could make a strong push to make the Sabres out of camp but that won't happen unless he is actually physically ready to be an NHL regular.

A lot still up in the air but I'm sure the team's foresight has asked him to get as physically prepared as possible the next 12 months and then put in some sort of exemption request to keep his options open.

22/23 - Juniors
23/24 - Sabres out of camp/rare exemption that may not exist to be allowed in AHL Rochester/"Well maybe we can make banana bread" and never do as a 5th year junior

If I'm incorrect, somebody please help out

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yes. They might look for some sort of exemption because next year would make his 5th in juniors which is ridiculous for his talent. If there's no exemption, he could make a strong push to make the Sabres out of camp but that won't happen unless he is actually physically ready to be an NHL regular.

A lot still up in the air but I'm sure the team's foresight has asked him to get as physically prepared as possible the next 12 months and then put in some sort of exemption request to keep his options open.

22/23 - Juniors
23/24 - Sabres out of camp/rare exemption that may not exist to be allowed in AHL Rochester/"Well maybe we can make banana bread" and never do as a 5th year junior

There is no exemption. And the CHL will not allow any exemptions. They do not want to set that precedent.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Neither can work for the Stars until next year?

Bishop has bern as a goalie consultant during this time.
Savoie making the Sabres NEXT YEAR is CRAZY!!!!!!

in 23/34 you run into an issue that is not clarified yet…

his bday is on Jan 1 so he is WJC eligible for 24. thrn there was the Covid cancelled season.

had Covid cancel not occur buffalo would have his exclusive rights for 23/24 after him playing 4 years in CHL. With no season in CHL, this season in 22/23 woukd only be #3.

23/24– it appears it might be Sabres or CHL.

id pencil him in as being on the 23/24 sabres roster.
Still fighting through the 2006 PTSD, I would’ve kept Pilut on the roster and sent Bjork down.

I’m always for 13-8

if Okposo is not ready to go then they need to have 14F.

22/23 - Juniors

in 19/20 he played part of season for Winnipeg
20/21 USHL/AJHL
21/22 winnipeg
22/23 winnipeg

after this year it would only be 3 seasons. If No Covid it would be 4.

I’ve not seen any clarity on the CHL/NHL and lost Covid season And player eligibility.

if only mom coukd have spit him out before the champagne….

There is no exemption. And the CHL will not allow any exemptions. They do not want to set that precedent.

this is the gray area….

it wasnt an across the board shut down By the CHL

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Thank you. We'll have to hope he can make the Sabres out of camp because 2 more years in juniors is just kinda stupid. Not arguing those facts but it seems to be an unprecedented situation.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
this is the gray area….

it wasnt an across the board shut down By the CHL
In non-pandemic seasons, there has never been a gray area.

Now if you are predicting that we have another global pandemic that inhibits the WHL from having a season in 2023-24...

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
The Pegula's need to buy a juniors team, then draft their own draft picks, or trade other juniors teams for their rights, then they can void their contract and sign them to the AHL! Gotta be a work around somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad