Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
That would be great if Savoie would be ready for 2C. I don't think they would structure the lineup this off-season for that to happen though.
"2C, 3C" ,,,, Granato doesn't really have lines per say and I was simply replacing Mitts with Savoie. Cozens as the 2nd line center from an icetime and role perspective would make a ton of sense.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Savoie making the Sabres NEXT YEAR is CRAZY!!!!!!
That's not what I got from his comment. What I got was: Roster building season is over. It's time to start playing the games.

A time to sow, a time to reap. It's reapin' time.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Pilut's waiver status made it likely that he was going to Rochester. They wanted to stick with Fitzgerald and not lose him to waivers.

I hope Bryson finds his game.
One of the 3 is odd man out. By assigning Pilut, they've pushed that decision into the future, which is fine afaic.

I suspect Pilut eventually becomes the #6, and the superfluous d-man part of a juicy trade package.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
That would be great if Savoie would be ready for 2C. I don't think they would structure the lineup this off-season for that to happen though.

Remember when the Sabres tried to shoehorn Mitts into the 2C role to replace O'Reilly? He wasn't ready then, and it took them way to long to realize that and send him down to Rochester to actually develop his game.

Doing the same to Savoie would be an absolute disservice to him. Ideally, you want your star prospect to be insulated, get acclimated to the league without the burden of immediate expectations, and then force the coach's hand to play them more because they succeed at their role.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
there s 2 extra skaters, so with some luck we wont see Bjork for a while at least not opening night

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a team to exceed expectations as much as I do this team. I don’t need or expect a playoff team, but I really want them to stomp out the “garbage team” rhetoric once and for all.

I want them to just show they’re legit and make teams take notice that this is a good young team and the whole Buffalo Tankres left with Jack Eichel. We’re not sulking after losses anymore. Now we’re pissed and are going to make the next team pay. We’re not pushovers, we stand up for ourselves and our teammates. We’re talented, we’re tough and we’re coming for you.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Next year I would replace VO with Patrick Kane and I would replace Mitts with Savoie. Hopefully trade Mitts and VO for a RHD.

Skinner - Thompson - Kane
Quinn - Savoie - Tuch
Krebs - Cozens - Peterka
Girgs - Asplund - Okposo
Wow. You give Mitts no chance and expect Savoie to make the jump from juniors to 2C? Message me .... I want some of the good stuff too! :P

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Saying right now we should trade Mitts after this year, before the season has even been played, to ensure Savoie is one of our top 3 centers next season. Thats what’s crazy.
Savoie could MAYBE play his way into the roster, but I more tend to think that it will take a significant hole in the lineup for him to have a shot. After Hino and Bjork who probably don't re-sign, somebody else will have to prove they can't hack a starting role, enough to have a 19/20 yr old that isn't a physical stud be a better option than others like Kulich.

Obviously a much better path to wait and see who impresses this season, or even next. Have Savoie spend time in Rochester next season and see where he's at when Olofsson's contract expires and maybe Okposo retires. WAY too much to sort through before thinking about trading Mitts or anyone else, just to force a 19 yr old into a starting role.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20221010-210650_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Club

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Granato seems to like keeping guys together. They're a very flexible group though and of course inevitable injuries.

Mostly he will want to find pairs that can be married together, and then you will have a few stand alone guys who just roam around, temporary three somes

Reactions: Matt Ress

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
there s 2 extra skaters, so with some luck we wont see Bjork for a while at least not opening night
Maybe Bjork can revert back to what he was when we initially traded for him. He was at least a decent Pker for the shirt amount of time.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
When that top line gets caved in zone time/shot share by game 2 at home against the Panthers or game 3 in Edmonton... I expect things to change.
I would be shocked if Granato did anything beyond a little tweaking that early in the season.

The entire point of the lines is balanced scoring. Taking away a top guy (Tuch) from Tage’s line is going to lead to tougher sledding for his line. Teams won’t shift away from Tage‘s line overnight. That line may have take some lumps early in the season to get the ball rolling.

It will hing on what the other lines can do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad