WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Sweden

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I haven't watched Sweden games, can anyone please tell me how tom nilsson has been doing? Strengths and weaknesses to his game so far.

Thanks!

Seems to be our most physical defenceman.

By the way, people, is it true that Görtz played with Farjestad a couple of days ago?

If so, da fuq!?

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
It feels like this team has a lot of... well... "sparkapital", whatever that is called in english. William Karlsson need to pull himself togheter and step up his game. I think a goal will do wonders on his self confidence. Elias Lindholm has yet another gear before he reach the top level he has shown in SEL this year, but I do realize his hand injury is hampering him (and I do not say he has ben bad so far in the tournament). Also, players like Sörensen, Forsberg and Rask have more in them.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I think he have a good chance to win gold again, I don't think Canada are THAT much better. We have a good bunch of players that are not really known outside of Sweden, like Arvidsson for example. I don't think we've ever had this much on the forward side, just lacking those defenders but I've still been pleasantly surprised.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I think he have a good chance to win gold again, I don't think Canada are THAT much better. We have a good bunch of players that are not really known outside of Sweden, like Arvidsson for example. I don't think we've ever had this much on the forward side, just lacking those defenders but I've still been pleasantly surprised.

IF TRUE THEN:
Canada need to play a lot worse than they did vs Russia and Sweden need to play a lot better than they have done so far.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
IF TRUE THEN:
Canada need to play a lot worse than they did vs Russia and Sweden need to play a lot better than they have done so far.

Russia has played pretty dreadful so far in the tournament so I wouldnt say that game is a benchmark of some sort.

Canada has played well dont get me wrong but they hardly look unbeatable.. that said.. Russia could still play A LOT better.. their potential is through the roof.. too bad they arent playing anywhere close to it and we still have to play them...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We seem to be capable of playing brilliant hockey for about half a game. If we can get that to two periods in the final it might be enough to pull it off, but our worse period in the game can't be horrible. Still waiting for a really big game for Karlsson.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
We seem to be capable of playing brilliant hockey for about half a game. If we can get that to two periods in the final it might be enough to pull it off, but our worse period in the game can't be horrible. Still waiting for a really big game for Karlsson.
I thought Karlsson was pretty good today, he's not the offensive force some make him out to be but takes great responsibility in his own zone and was steady in the third while others choked completely.

Oh, and let's all take a moment to thank that russian flag-ironing girl for putting the swedish flag on top of the pile. Good karma! Thanks SVT for that insightful interview.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Now this is a team. Lunstorm in net was awesome. I mean in shoot outs he gave the Russians nothing.

Nielsson reminds me of another Leaf Gunnerson. Quiet and steady. Nothing fancy

Colberg, kid is money. I hate the Habs.

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
Great to see Collberg score in the SO, but maybe it's time for him to start working on a new shootout move tho. Maybe just mix it up a bit so the goaltender doesn't know what's coming.

I'm just thinking out loud, I don't know...

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Great to see Collberg score in the SO, but maybe it's time for him to start working on a new shootout move tho. Maybe just mix it up a bit so the goaltender doesn't know what's coming.

I'm just thinking out loud, I don't know...

Heh, I told a friend of mine just before Collberg was going to take the penalty that he should go to his forehand, because Vas would probably have a read on him, but then he went with his bread and butter move and roofed it perfectly. :laugh:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Apparently Collberg been playing with some sort of injury all tournament. I have my guesses what it is, it explains his play even strength and makes his PP production even more impressive.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
From the home of where Salming and Sundin played, I wish Sweden best of luck. You guys are a Classy nation and I have always respected Swedish Hockey players.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Well, the garbage bin overperformed and got another ****** silver at least.

Ronnberg with some extreme brain farts playing Bengtsson as much as he did. How was that guy drafted at all, let alone in the 2nd round?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad