WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Sweden

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Why didn't De la Rose play more yesterday? Everybody was looking lazy and this kid skates his heart out every shift. Just seems weird?

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
thoughts for the games against finland?

who's favorite? who gets the call in goal? etc

Good question, Finland impressed me in the pre-tournament games, not so much in the actual tournament though. I think that on paper, Finland should be the favorites but they haven't really shown it, neither have Sweden for that matter.

As for the goalies, both have played well considering the circumstances but I think Lassinantti gets the nod.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Finishing first is very important, then we will probably face Russia in the semifinal. Our chances against the Russians are much greater than against the US or Canada. The team finishing second in the group will likely get USA in the quarters and Canada in the semifinal. I'd rather finish 3rd and get Russia in the quarters and Finland in the semis. (Assuming Canada wins the other group, I think they will).

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
As for the goalies, both have played well considering the circumstances but I think Lassinantti gets the nod.

Why? Lassinatti was a bit shaky against Swiss, lots of rebounds.
Lundström let in one 3-5 goal against Latvia. Was a stud in the shoot-out.

Lassinatti plays in Åkers in Div 1 - Lundström been solid in SEL (Ok it's my team, but still)

Lundström should start.

Last edited:

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Why? Lassinatti was a bit shaky against Swiss, lot's of rebounds.

Lassinatti plays in Åkers in Div 1 - Lundström been solid in SEL (Ok it's my team, but still)

Lundström should start.

Lassinantti has played 16 games for almtuna and was steady as a rock against the Czechs. I don't really care who gets the start but at this point I'm hoping for Lassinantti.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Lassinantti has played 16 games for almtuna and was steady as a rock against the Czechs. I don't really care who gets the start but at this point I'm hoping for Lassinantti.

He also has a Finnish sounding name which makes him the odds on favourite to be THE goalie of the bunch

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Why? Lassinatti was a bit shaky against Swiss, lot's of rebounds.

Lundström should start.

Just a gut feeling, Lassinantti got starts against both the Czechs and the Swiss whom are tougher opponents then Latvia. So, if I had to put money on it I would say Lassinantti.

That doesn't mean it's the "right" call however.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Haven't been able to watch Sweden's games so I have a question:

Who has been Team Sweden's best offensive force so far? I'll hide my eyes behind a pillow when he's got the puck.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Haven't been able to watch Sweden's games so I have a question:

Who has been Team Sweden's best offensive force so far? I'll hide my eyes behind a pillow when he's got the puck.

Tricky question. I think Forsberg is the most dominant one in terms of puck posession and generally how dangerous he is, however, he gets almost nothing done statistically. Collberg and Elias Lindholm are my picks.

I *hope* Sweden will get their "serious face" on, like against the czechs, but it honestly could go the other way.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Team Sweden stats after preliminary rounds

Arvidsson 4+1=5*
Collberg 3+2=5
Molin 2+3=5
Rakell 0+5=5
Forsberg 2+2=4*
Vikstrand 0+4=4
Rask 2+1=3
Wennberg 2+1=3
Djoos 0+3=3
Djuse 1+1=2
Lindholm 1+1=2
Karlsson 0+2=2
Nilsson 0+2=2
Sandberg 1+0=1
Hägg 1+0=1
Boyce 0+1=1
Delarose 0+0
Sörensen 0+0
Bengtsson 0+0
Arnesson 0+0

*The official games stats erroneously credited Forsberg with one goal that was tipped in by Arvidsson. The correct stats should be Arvidsson 5+0=5 and Forsberg 1+3=4.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Team Sweden stats after preliminary rounds

*The official games stats erroneously credited Forsberg with one goal that was tipped in by Arvidsson. The correct stats should be Arvidsson 5+0=5 and Forsberg 1+3=4.

Haha, give it up already. He didn't tip it.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg

lol no he didn't, good work creating space for Forsberg to shoot though.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
The depth is what making the Swedish team competitive. All lines contribute and they can compete with anyone

MadFlava

Sep 3, 2010
I haven't been able to watch any of the Sweden games. How has Filip Forsberg looked in this tournament? I see that he has 2 goals in 2 assists in 4 games which are pretty good numbers. Has he been an offensive impact or has he been playing more of a 2 way game? I'm interested to see how he does in this tournament since he is a Capitals prospect.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I haven't been able to watch any of the Sweden games. How has Filip Forsberg looked in this tournament? I see that he has 2 goals in 2 assists in 4 games which are pretty good numbers. Has he been an offensive impact or has he been playing more of a 2 way game? I'm interested to see how he does in this tournament since he is a Capitals prospect.

Been good no doubt, but his tournament will be judged upon what he does in the medal games. He's been trying to do a tad to much, but you can't argue with the amount of chances he's created. Sometimes it's he's easy to forget he's a pretty lateborn -94, in a positive way.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
I haven't watched Sweden games, can anyone please tell me how tom nilsson has been doing? Strengths and weaknesses to his game so far.

Thanks!

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
So, semifinal on january 3rd.
What time will the game start? Or is game-time depending on whether we face the host nation or Switzerland?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I really hope to see in this gap of playing that Sweden takes notice that Forsberg and Lindholm could be very complimentary to each other.

Forsberg shoots from everywhere, that's who he is, not going to change, so put him with a player who likes the front of the net instead of Forsberg being the one going after his own rebounds.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I haven't watched Sweden games, can anyone please tell me how tom nilsson has been doing? Strengths and weaknesses to his game so far.

Thanks!

I'm liking what I see from him. Not playing too fancy and dishing out some hits.. the only D that is actually doing so. I'm never really nervous when he is on the ice.

I really hope to see in this gap of playing that Sweden takes notice that Forsberg and Lindholm could be very complimentary to each other.

Forsberg shoots from everywhere, that's who he is, not going to change, so put him with a player who likes the front of the net instead of Forsberg being the one going after his own rebounds.

I would have liked to see that aswell.. I think they would bring out the best of each other. just dont think it will happen. Seems like Rönnberg wants to spread out the scoring over three lines and moving Lindholm to the first line would probably render the second line quite harmless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad