WJC: Roster Talk '13 — U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Right now you basically have.... (organized based on depth, not actual line combinations) *health question mark

Gaudreau-Galchenyuk-Miller
X---Grimaldi - Noesen*
x-x-x
x-x-x

Trouba-Jones
x-x
x-x

Gibson

I'd say the defensive competition is fierce and the competition on the wing is more about picking the best of what's available, which isn't much.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Noesen is healthy, right now.

I don't see it with Erne, this year. I think next year is the tourney we should be shooting for.

tourlord*

Most players don't make the team multiple years in a row. Biggs' skating is questionable, but he's got a good scoring touch and a physical element that is second to none. For a 3rd-4th line player he is very useful.

and has only just got his feet wet in the OHL this year. He's not going to bring the physical element at 5-10. So Biggs has age, experience and style up on his biggest competition.
What is this guy talking about? First you stated that Biggs has a physical touch, but then you go on to say that he isn't physical? What are you talking about? Most players don't make the team multiple years in a row? What? This is making my brain hurt how much you don't know. He didn't make the US team last year, but you go on to say that he's experienced and has size on his side? You have no idea what you're talking about. This tournament is based on SPEED buddy. Biggs doesn't bring the SPEED the AMERICANS look for each year, hence why he was CUT last year.

tourlord*

The Americans want speed. They don't want a 3rd or 4th line goon like Biggs who can barely skate. They told him that last year. Theres so many other faster and better players than the Americans can chose from how can you blame them? I watched Biggs on Sunday in Oshawa and he was slow.

tourlord*

Hes not making there team if hes going to be skating like that.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
What is this guy talking about? First you stated that Biggs has a physical touch, but then you go on to say that he isn't physical? What are you talking about? Most players don't make the team multiple years in a row? What? This is making my brain hurt how much you don't know. He didn't make the US team last year, but you go on to say that he's experienced and has size on his side? You have no idea what you're talking about. This tournament is based on SPEED buddy. Biggs doesn't bring the SPEED the AMERICANS look for each year, hence why he was CUT last year.

Hey buddy.

I know why that post made your brain hurt and I think it's because you didn't read properly. Judging from your tone in the response and your word choice, I've concluded you're probably a bit of a jerk and not worth engaging in conversation.

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of Logan Nelson and Colin Jacobs for possible center or wing positions on this team. As a Sabres fan, it's good to see Jacobs bounce back from a down year last year. He's started out hot on a new team in Prince George, but has since cooled a bit. I know he was widely considered a lock for a 3rd line center this year, based on discussions that I followed in last year's thread on the US WJC team. Nelson's ability to play center or wing should be an asset, but he's not very suited for a bottom 6 role (still one of our grittier skilled prospects, which is sad), so he may have an uphill battle.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's not talking about the competition level of the league (OHL) but the competition based on style of play/position. I see Biggs competing with guys like Matteau, Samuelsson, and Ryan Hartman.

Oh ok sorry I misunderstood.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If the WJC was next week, would Adam Erne be on the team? If so what would be his role?

If an underage player were to make it, and Erne or Compher are the only two with any chance, it would initially be as the spare forward. Then it would be up to them to move their way up, much like Jason Zucker did as an underage forward.

tourlord*

I'm sorry you didn't like my assessment of Riley Barber, Ryan Hartman and Adam Erne.
I just didn't think you made any sense. I said I was doubtful that Biggs would crack this sqaud. And you went on to say how Biggs was this big experienced (first year in OHL) power forward that would easily make this team because he hadn't made the team last year? Even thinking about what you said makes my brain hurt because I still don't know what the heck you were talking about. Biggs is a slow inexperienced forward who hasn't don't much with Oshawa. And he was also cut from the American team last year because of his speed but you go on to say his skating is par. I mean, its like we're talking about two different Biggs.

tourlord*

I'm sorry you didn't like my assessment of Riley Barber, Ryan Hartman and Adam Erne.
Its just hard to figure out what you're trying to say. I'm talking about Biggs and you give me an assessment of three other players I could care less about. I think you just need to stay focused when reading posts.

tourlord*

Biggs possibility of making the team is directly related to who his competition is.
Biggs got cut last year so I'm assuming he's going to be up against the same if not better competition. So you still haven't really answered anything.

tourlord*

The Americans like quick speedy forwards. They already have a grinder or a power forward like Biggs except hes ten times faster than Biggs. If Biggs was such a fast skater and hit everything in site, than he would have made their team LAST Christmas and he didn't. I think you're forgetting the fact that Biggs was cut from last years team. They know the type of game Biggs brings and they didn't want it last year.

tourlord*

but to say that hes experienced when he isn't and that he has a chance at making this team because he didn't last year just tells me how much you don't know.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
but to say that hes experienced when he isn't and that he has a chance at making this team because he didn't last year just tells me how much you don't know.

Its kind of funny you talk about how much I don't know in your third post, when in your first post of your latest sequence you simply assume the competition for that spot is better. I'm not sure what your obsession is with Biggs not being on the team but your need to insult instead of refuting any disagreement with solid content indicates plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad