Speculation: Roster Speculation: Part XVI (Off-Season Madness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Paul Hamilton (and other members of the Buffalo media) can't stand Gaustad.

Sign him for that reason alone. ;)

God no. He did his time here, was moved on. They need speed and utility in the bottom 6 and that's not him.

But really, this is spot on.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Maybe the world's biggest Gaustad fan will get the Jets to sign him.

5-18-2016%203-25-26%20PM.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I was a huge fan of Gaustad in the day. Hell, he's the guy Schopp hung up on me about all the way back in spring of 2001. :biglaugh: But that shipped has sailed. There is no reason to recycle him here. None. At all.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I was a huge fan of Gaustad in the day. Hell, he's the guy Schopp hung up on me about all the way back in spring of 2001. :biglaugh: But that shipped has sailed. There is no reason to recycle him here. None. At all.

I don't have any interest in breaking Gaustad back, but I do have interest in signing/acquiring some quality/veteran 4th liners. I don't want to waste time on Moulson (dead weight) on the 4th line, I don't want to waste time with Deslauriers (filler). I want a 10 minute 4th line that can contribute good hockey. I also think having 2 quality bottom 6 NHLers would allow one of our young players to play a role on that line. I don't want Fasching wasting away with Moulson and Schaller... but if say it was Nick Spaling and Trevor Lewis anchoring our 4th line? Yea... then I could see Fasching fitting it very nicely on a line like that.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I guess I'm in the minority... I've been underwhelmed by Reimer since he came up with the Leafs.

Wasn't his knock there also a penchant for tissue softies?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't have any interest in breaking Gaustad back, but I do have interest in signing/acquiring some quality/veteran 4th liners. I don't want to waste time on Moulson (dead weight) on the 4th line, I don't want to waste time with Deslauriers (filler). I want a 10 minute 4th line that can contribute good hockey. I also think having 2 quality bottom 6 NHLers would allow one of our young players to play a role on that line. I don't want Fasching wasting away with Moulson and Schaller... but if say it was Nick Spaling and Trevor Lewis anchoring our 4th line? Yea... then I could see Fasching fitting it very nicely on a line like that.

Agreed. I don't think it's Gaustad but would welcome some quality worker bees for an effective 4th line. I was wondering if the Kings are going to move any of their heavy depth wingers. King maybe? Martin of course is going to get some love from a few teams even if he does re-sign with the Isles. And Kyle Brodziak is again available as a UFA.

Also Carrier should be in the mix for 4th line duty.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'll worry about golatender as soon as one isn't perfectly fine here. Seriously they put LINDBACK behind the worst team in the league last year and he was perfectly fine.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'll worry about golatender as soon as one isn't perfectly fine here. Seriously they put LINDBACK behind the worst team in the league last year and he was perfectly fine.

Just ask Dallas

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Chimera is a UFA and would be a good bottom/middle 6 add.

Very good all around player who still has wheel at his age (37)

Last edited:

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC

You're taking me back to the day of watching Gaustad and Thorburn as the twin towers in Rochester during the lockout. Goose is still one of my top 5 favorite Sabres ever, but yes, there's nothing for him to offer here at this point.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Gaustad and Tim Kennedy would be an improvement over Matt Ellis and Kaleta for Rochester.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You're taking me back to the day of watching Gaustad and Thorburn as the twin towers in Rochester during the lockout. Goose is still one of my top 5 favorite Sabres ever, but yes, there's nothing for him to offer here at this point.

There was a line in a rookie scrimmage of Thorburn, Gaustad and Paille -- I remember turning to someone (Bakes maybe?) and just grinning watching them, thinking that was their future third line. :laugh: :shakehead:help::laugh:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
There was a line in a rookie scrimmage of Thorburn, Gaustad and Paille -- I remember turning to someone (Bakes maybe?) and just grinning watching them, thinking that was their future third line. :laugh: :shakehead:help::laugh:

Well, Thorburn did get claimed on waivers, and he's STILL in the league.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well, Thorburn did get claimed on waivers, and he's STILL in the league.

Don't get me started on that. :biglaugh: Regier didn't know LTIR rules so he put Thorburn on waivers instead of Connolly to LTIR. They lost a functional NHLer because the GM didn't know the new rules. :rant: That said, Thorburn is not a third liner. Paille was, although it took getting his ass off the team to bring it out of him.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Don't get me started on that. :biglaugh: Regier didn't know LTIR rules so he put Thorburn on waivers instead of Connolly to LTIR. They lost a functional NHLer because the GM didn't know the new rules. :rant: That said, Thorburn is not a third liner. Paille was, although it took getting his ass off the team to bring it out of him.

I still remember the day we let him go. I was so pissed. I could see him being the solid player he was on the Bruins. Just liked his game.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I still remember the day we let him go. I was so pissed. I could see him being the solid player he was on the Bruins. Just liked his game.

Could've been a great trade if Regier preferred the rumored initial offer of Marchand to a 3rd round pick. Between that one, and the Spooner-and-a-2nd offer for Stewart, Buffalo missed two big opportunities to take Chiarelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad