Roster Speculation: Part XV (aka. Off-season wish list edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
My point is that I don't think that Brodin would be the Risto partner that people think they would be getting if they trade the 8-10 OV pick for him.

The stats show him to be closer to Gorges than Lindholm when people would expect him to be a massive improvement over Gorges.

We want someone who is top pairing in shot and goal suppression to pair with Risto. Brodin is a superior option to Gorges in those respects. The stats show him a full pairing bellow Gorges in those respects.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Does anyone think that there may be value in helping out a $0 cap room DET by taking the last year of a retired Datsyuk's contract for 2016-2017? While 7.5M is a lot of cap Buffalo probably is not a cap team for 2016-2017.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Does anyone think that there may be value in helping out a $0 cap room DET by taking the last year of a retired Datsyuk's contract for 2016-2017? While 7.5M is a lot of cap Buffalo probably is not a cap team for 2016-2017.

Moulson for Datsyuk might make sense the way the Clarkson trade did. That said, I don't think Murray is ready to admit how much of a blunder Moulson's deal is.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
We want someone who is top pairing in shot and goal suppression to pair with Risto. Brodin is a superior option to Gorges in those respects. The stats show him a full pairing bellow Gorges in those respects.

So, the mythical "QB" defenseman that GMTM is searching for isn't Risto's future partner?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Probably not a cap team....but I think we'll be within 5 Million.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

Don't see it happening. There's no reason for Buffalo to do Detroit any favors and Detroit could probably get better value unloading his contract elsewhere, particularly to a team that isn't a division rival. Besides, with the fact that Datsyuk's cap hit carries no actual salary obligations with it, a budget/cap floor team should be more willing to cut a favorable deal.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Moulson for Datsyuk might make sense the way the Clarkson trade did. That said, I don't think Murray is ready to admit how much of a blunder Moulson's deal is.

It makes absolutely no sense for Detroit.

Dastyuk is a 7.5mil cap hit for one year. Trading him for Moulson means they only save 2.5mil next season and are still on the hook for 5mil per for the following two years after.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
So, the mythical "QB" defenseman that GMTM is searching for isn't Risto's future partner?

Does it have to be? I mean we can keep moving the goal posts if you want but I don't see where it becomes relevant to no one thinking Brodin = Lindholm, Brodin > Gorges, or Brodin being a fit for Risto.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It makes absolutely no sense for Detroit.

Dastyuk is a 7.5mil cap hit for one year. Trading him for Moulson means they only save 2.5mil next season and are still on the hook for 5mil per for the following two years after.

Columbus traded for Clarkson because they didn't want dead money. For them, it was important to have a player earning what they were paying out.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Pisses me off because there's a good chance Edmonton gets Hamhuis cheap, he probably does want to stay in Western Canada and Edmonton needs him more than Calgary. Vancouver seems to want to move on from him, their cap situation is tight and they want to sign a big name UFA forward, Lucic, Erikkson or Ladd.

Any Stanley Cup that team wins will have a large asterisk beside it, illegitimate in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad