Roster Speculation: Part XV (aka. Off-season wish list edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Wild fans want a legit top 6 center for Brodin.

Sorry, but Girgensons isn't that. They want Reinhart for Brodin, which I can't see Murray doing, nor should he.

Fans can want anything they want.

I'm pretty confident judging by things Murray and fletcher have said that this has a very legit chance of happening. I see something like girgensons and our 1st for brodin and their 1st. We move back 8-10 spots, they get a good young forward and a top 10 pick

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Larry Brooks has an interesting article on why the Rangers may try to trade McDonagh. His valuations are terrible, but the idea of picking over the Rangers corpse is appealing.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Larry Brooks has an interesting article on why the Rangers may try to trade McDonagh. His valuations are terrible, but the idea of picking over the Rangers corpse is appealing.

Larry Brooks is a pretty terrible source.

They trade McDonagh, they might as well move Lundqvist too and commit to the rebuild. Giradi has been just awful, Staal has regressed from a top pairing guy, Yandle is out the door.

If you wanted to have the rangers get into a contention window, the really only option would be:

Move out a massive amount of salary (Nash, Staal), Sign Stamkos, and figure out how to keep that defense from being a turd burger without Yandle with whatever cash is left after signing their RFAs.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Fans can want anything they want.

I'm pretty confident judging by things Murray and fletcher have said that this has a very legit chance of happening. I see something like girgensons and our 1st for brodin and their 1st. We move back 8-10 spots, they get a good young forward and a top 10 pick

It's tough to know.

While there are dots to connect with a potential Wild-Sabres deal around the draft, it may not be around Brodin.

Murray has also said that he doubts the 8th pick gets him the type of LHD he wants to add.

He has talked about being able to take on a contract. Perhaps getting Vanek back in the summer is what they talked about?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It's tough to know.

While there are dots to connect with a potential Wild-Sabres deal around the draft, it may not be around Brodin.

Murray has also said that he doubts the 8th pick gets him the type of LHD he wants to add.

He has talked about being able to take on a contract. Perhaps getting Vanek back in the summer is what they talked about?

I have a hard time understanding how anyone could have listened to Murray and came away thinking that Brodin was the type of player he was targeting. Brodin is basically the opposite of a QB. Watching him try to figure out where to pass the puck when he is involved in the rush makes Mike Weber look good.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Maybe it's (fletcher/murray speculation) another super deal....another early exit, expansion looming, maybe fletcher is looking to shake his team up and protect the younger guys like Brodin.

Huge cap hit but probably a/the perfect defenseman we could hope for ....... Suter.

Forgetting the no movement clause, cost 2016 first + something else huge....

Just a thought, as GMTM doesn't do things small, he's usually a huge deal kind of guy.

What would it take? Worth it?

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Suter is staying in minny. He wanted to go there and play with his buddy

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I have a hard time understanding how anyone could have listened to Murray and came away thinking that Brodin was the type of player he was targeting. Brodin is basically the opposite of a QB. Watching him try to figure out where to pass the puck when he is involved in the rush makes Mike Weber look good.
Can you make a point without relying on some of the most eyes-bleedingly-dumb hyperbole known to man?

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011

This is beyond exaggeration, but i agree the Brodin is not what i'd describe as QB type of defenseman.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Can you make a point without relying on some of the most eyes-bleedingly-dumb hyperbole known to man?

This is beyond exaggeration, but i agree the Brodin is not what i'd describe as QB type of defenseman.

It really isn't hyperbole. Brodin has absolutely no offensive instincts. If Weber had the physical gifts that Brodin had, he would be a better offensive hockey player.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

He's not a QB, that's for sure. But no reason for the bombastic hyperbole.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sounds as if the Wild will try to move Kuemper this offseason. I could see Murray being interested if Johnson is moving on in an effort to find more action in a different team's crease.

-Preference for bigger netminders. (Check)
-Starter (Lehner) with a history of injuries. (Check)
-No clear incumbent to the backup job within the organization - considering Ullmark's Rochester woes. (Check)
-Insatiable desire to trade picks for young goaltenders (e.g., Neuvy, Lehner). (Check)
-Unfilled quota of one trade with Chuck Fletcher per annum. (Check)

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If I had to bet, I'd say GMTM targets Brodin and Nash this summer. There's been comments out of Minnesota about talks with Buffalo maybe leading to something over the summer, and GMTM particularly mentioned wingers who could be on the outs because of their cap hit at his press conference. I think those two players fit the bill.

He also, of course, mentioned a PPQB defenseman as his "Christmas present" to himself, but I'm not sure who he has in mind there. Yandle seems a possibility.

It wouldn't be my ideal offseason, but this team plus Brodin, Yandle, and Nash is definitely in the playoffs.

If I had my druthers, target #1 would be Lindholm on an offersheet, but then again, he wouldn't probably hint at that even if he felt the same way.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Maybe it's (fletcher/murray speculation) another super deal....another early exit, expansion looming, maybe fletcher is looking to shake his team up and protect the younger guys like Brodin.

Huge cap hit but probably a/the perfect defenseman we could hope for ....... Suter.

Forgetting the no movement clause, cost 2016 first + something else huge....

Just a thought, as GMTM doesn't do things small, he's usually a huge deal kind of guy.

What would it take? Worth it?

Suter's 31. Not that this means we're not interested, but I think the highest bidder is going to be someone trying to win the cup next year. To us, our 1st + is on the table. To a contender, there's probably a proven impact player (if not two) going the other way.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

I think we've all made the point that he should target more than one LHD. Brodin may be the second.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I don't see how you could interpret Murray's comments, and not think Yandle is the target. Costs him nothing. He's only 29. Not great in his own zone, but if you paired him with Pysyk, that could be mitigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad