Roster Speculation Part XI...$teven $tamko$?? Pony up for PK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I just had a thought.

Given we've been scouting Vancouver, I've been having a hard time thinking about "who on vancouver" Buffalo would want. I've been thinking a bit more, and thought "Well, who on Buffalo would vancouver want", then it dawned on me. What if its Kane? They bid heavy for him when he was with Winnipeg. What if Vancouver called Tim Murray after the suspension to ask. Tim says "Not interested, but I'll listen to your offer"....and they offer up something stupid, like Virtanen...

Why would we want someone as stupid as Virtanen?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Mentioned in another thread re:Vancouver. Wonder if Hansen is of interest to TM, instead of extending McGinn for too long of term, Hansen could fill that role while being a more flexible player up and down the lineup. 2yrs left, $2.5m cap hit. 29y old.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Mentioned in another thread re:Vancouver. Wonder if Hansen is of interest to TM, instead of extending McGinn for too long of term, Hansen could fill that role while being a more flexible player up and down the lineup. 2yrs left, $2.5m cap hit. 29y old.

Hansen is one of their heart and soul guys, I don't know why they'd deal him. Especially at the pricetag he commands. Second leading goalscorer, third in overall points and leading the team in +/-

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hansen is one of their heart and soul guys, I don't know why they'd deal him. Especially at the pricetag he commands. Second leading goalscorer, third in overall points and leading the team in +/-
yeah I agree, but who knows with Benning steering the ship. Might be interested in shuffling some pieces in their rebuild with so many youngsters knocking on the top 6 door...or maybe TM likes Burrows :sarcasm:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I'm sure it's just a guess but it totally makes sense

The fans certainly want to trade him, for what it's worth. He's had a down year but I think everyone is trying to figure out if this is the real Wiercioch or not. I wouldn't mind trying him out in Buffalo, although he's not the high-end LD buffalo still needs (not that anyone claimed he would be...just sayin). He seems serviceable, and would help keep McCabe on the bottom pairing where he belongs.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Jim Benning is a moron, I'd love if he decided to get his team younger by giving us Hansen and a pick for McGinn

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
I just had a thought.

Given we've been scouting Vancouver, I've been having a hard time thinking about "who on vancouver" Buffalo would want. I've been thinking a bit more, and thought "Well, who on Buffalo would vancouver want", then it dawned on me. What if its Kane? They bid heavy for him when he was with Winnipeg. What if Vancouver called Tim Murray after the suspension to ask. Tim says "Not interested, but I'll listen to your offer"....and they offer up something stupid, like Virtanen...

No, but I'll take McCann.:nod:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
:dunno: maybe if we are able to move out Gorges, Weircoch could take that defensive/PK role over. I could certainly see the Sens moving him on cheap now that they have Methot/Phaneuf on that left side.

We could do worse. And it is a least a poor insurance policy for the higher-slotted Left D we need.

May also depend on what form of handshake agreement they had with Weber.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I'd love it if we could take advantage of some of these teams with morons in charge. Benning is ripe for the pickings.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Are the Oilers able to trump all of our non-core stuff if they put RNH, Yak, Eberle or picks on the board, or do those guys have way more stink than I perceive?

I don't like how creative Murray might have to get to trade for good players, because there are more desperate teams with more developed pieces right now.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Spoken of on hockey hotline today about Druoin.
Spoke on Girgs as well and I tend to agree with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad