Roster Speculation Part XI...$teven $tamko$?? Pony up for PK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Ok... Gonna go a bit crazy here, but...

1. On Deadline day, Pysyk to Dallas for Honka.

Depends on how Dallas feels about Pysyk. Given the state of our LHD and their depth at LHD, makes alot more sense for us to be after one of their youngins on the LH side rather than Honka.

2. At the Draft, our 1st, plus Ennis, Hurley, and a 2017 2nd, to Anaheim for Linholm.

Unless Ennis comes back in the last 20 games and sets the world on fire, he really has low value right now. Plus, i can't remember the last time a team who hosted the draft and had a top 10 pick traded it (unless they were trading up). Teams are much more apt to go the UFA market for secondary wingers than trade their top pairing d-men for them.

3. Offersheet Maatta, 5yrs. $5M per. Pittsburgh might not be able to match.

Linholm-Ristolainen
Maatta-Bogosian
McCabe-Honka
Gorges-Franson

I'm crazy, right, but, maybe one of these could happen?
One can dream

Well, you can't offersheet maata if you move your 2017 2nd in the deal for Lindholm :laugh:

Pittsburgh likely uses the cap overage to match and makes a move elsewhere for it to work. Not a bad thing to do if let's say Dumolin is your true target.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Unless Ennis comes back in the last 20 games and sets the world on fire, he really has low value right now. Plus, i can't remember the last time a team who hosted the draft and had a top 10 pick traded it (unless they were trading up). Teams are much more apt to go the UFA market for secondary wingers than trade their top pairing d-men for them.

Devils hosted 2013 draft and traded 9th overall for Corey Schneider.

Well, you can't offersheet maata if you move your 2017 2nd in the deal for Lindholm :laugh:

Offersheeting by 5x5 would cost 1st rounder and 3rd rounder. So, in theory, you could. :)

But overall, that is a nice pipe dream!

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Jersey fans have seemed to be open to letting him go for cheap, but he seems to be a Franson 2.0, not my favorite idea.

If we go for a guy who could be acquired pretty cheaply, I could see Murray acquiring Wiercioch from Ottawa. He's an RFA due a new contract, and a guy who could mesh well with Pysyk on a 3rd pairing. Big but not physical, good skater but not the shut down defensively, heavy shot.

I'm out. :laugh:

I have a disdain for the Devils that ensures I never watch them unless they are playing the Sabres.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Depends on how Dallas feels about Pysyk. Given the state of our LHD and their depth at LHD, makes alot more sense for us to be after one of their youngins on the LH side rather than Honka.

Pittsburgh likely uses the cap overage to match and makes a move elsewhere for it to work. Not a bad thing to do if let's say Dumolin is your true target.

1. Regarding Honka trade, you'd do it bc you're planning on making the other two deals.
2. No Ennis isn't great, but he's also not the real prize in the deal, a potential top-5 draft pick is the prize.
3. We have Minnesota's 2nd in 2017 as well as our own, so I'd move Minnesota's in the deal for Linholm, keeping our own available for a possible Maatta offer sheet.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'd rather spend assets and cap space on 12 million worth of top 4 LD, than just the 12 million on Stamkos.

If they are available. ..

Here's a question, does our first this year plus bogo plus whatever get you oel?

Load up, win a title on elcs with reichel. Restart in three years after a purge.

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
Is Lindholm that good? I mean, I know he's young and pretty good already, but is he worth a potential top 3 pick in the draft, a 2nd, and a 2nd line scoring winger?

In a word: no. He's good. But a top-three pick is too valuable to move, eve if that value comes with risk.

Last edited:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Remember all of the Myers for Nichushkin rumors? I wonder if he's the target. There is also a report that he was offered for Yandle but the Rangers turned it down. Maybe something around Bogosian or Pysyk for Nichushkin.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
No idea why Minny would do that

When Brodin comes back, Scandela moves to the 3rd LD?

Suter(L)-Spurgeon(R)
Brodin(L)-Dumba(R)
Reilly(L)-Pysyk(R)
x Prosser (R)

Dumba is a RFA, and Reilly will be due the year after...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Remember all of the Myers for Nichushkin rumors? I wonder if he's the target. There is also a report that he was offered for Yandle but the Rangers turned it down. Maybe something around Bogosian or Pysyk for Nichushkin.

The "report" is Larry Brooks speculating that maybe the Rangers could use Yandle in an effort to get Nichushkin. Pretty thin stuff but typical of Brooks grasping at straws.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When Brodin comes back, Scandela moves to the 3rd LD?

Suter(L)-Spurgeon(R)
Brodin(L)-Dumba(R)
Reilly(L)-Pysyk(R)
x Prosser (R)

Dumba is a RFA, and Reilly will be due the year after...

Minnesota needs offense, if one of Dumba/Brodin would go they'd try to add a young top6 forward, to fix a weakness with their best trade asset.
Brodin can also play both LD/RD.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Don't see us moving a D without another coming in return unless there's another deal in place.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Ah, HF where not only are draft picks of all stripes more valued than actual NHL players, NHL scratches for one's favorite team are better than someone else's established NHLer, let alone your AHLers who are all full of promise and potential, more so of course than an actual NHLer.

HF... don't ever change.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Has there been anything even resembling an update on cody? The thought of losing mcginn and Legwand on top of ennis and ror being out has me wondering? Not that he'd be even close to game shape to play but just curious..

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Has there been anything even resembling an update on cody? The thought of losing mcginn and Legwand on top of ennis and ror being out has me wondering? Not that he'd be even close to game shape to play but just curious..

McCormick? It's been a few months since they last said anything, but it seems like his condition has not cleared. Leaving him on the roster right now seems like a Pegula move -- guy gets paid rather than Teppo'd.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
McCormick? It's been a few months since they last said anything, but it seems like his condition has not cleared. Leaving him on the roster right now seems like a Pegula move -- guy gets paid rather than Teppo'd.

I think his injury is work related.....thus getting paid.....Teppo's heart was something different.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

IIRC there was some article a few months back that talked about him "not wanting to admit he can't play hockey again" or something to that nature.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
IIRC there was some article a few months back that talked about him "not wanting to admit he can't play hockey again" or something to that nature.

Such a shame to see such a freak injury derail a heart and soul player. I honestly believe cody would've punched through a brick wall for a chance to lace up here. I had high hopes for his differing style of leadership for this young team contrasting gorges and gionta.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Well, what is Murray going to do.
The clock is ticking, there are assets available.....if Timmy boy puts assets such as Girgensons, Foligno or even this year's 1st rounder on the table......

What will he do........the world wonders

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

Our current defense is awful. Don't see why we would be moving two of our better defenseman for a winger who isn't a sure thing.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I just had a thought.

Given we've been scouting Vancouver, I've been having a hard time thinking about "who on vancouver" Buffalo would want. I've been thinking a bit more, and thought "Well, who on Buffalo would vancouver want", then it dawned on me. What if its Kane? They bid heavy for him when he was with Winnipeg. What if Vancouver called Tim Murray after the suspension to ask. Tim says "Not interested, but I'll listen to your offer"....and they offer up something stupid, like Virtanen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad