Speculation: Roster Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Hardest of hard passes.

What about Miles Wood? I know he flashes more against the Sabres than most, but hes very fast and he would become the toughest guy on the roster.

Hes local, only 23.
Toughest guy? Lol..what a high bar you have lol..doubtbhe beats Beaulieu in a fight but who knows?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Unless you have guys on the team who truly don't care, winning is the only thing that will fix culture.

You win by getting good players. Trading for lindholm or wood isn't about an instant culture change, it's about actually being a better team.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I think you are vastly underselling the trade and hockey value Hampus Lindholm has. The Sabres have two pieces that would fetch him straight up or with Nylander as the add, and Risto ain't one of them

He's a phenomenal hockey player on a great contract
Risto, Nylander and a 1st?

Deleted member 27798

Are the prospect forward ranks in the organization below average? With Nylander struggling again, who else has top 6 potential? I do realize if Mitts and TT were in Rochester all year, the list would look a lot better. Not in any order...

Nylander(injured a lot and still not standing out at the AHL level)
Asplund(disappointing when looking at point totals)
Davidsson(stat line doesn't look different from lat year)
Pekar(more of a 3rd line guy)
Olofsson(maybe the one glimmer of hope)
???...

The cupboard looks pretty bare. I'm hoping they use all 3 1st round picks to shore up the forward ranks.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Risto, Nylander and a 1st?
Closer. I have a pretty bad grasp on what a guy like Nylander has in trade value, and same for Risto honestly.

The only barometer I have is that, if I'd trip over myself running to the phone to say yes, it falls short of what we'd need to give up.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Even fight, but he had a real nice fight with benn this year that would have been useful when eichel was getting bullied

I've wanted him on our team for a few years now but Beaulieu won that fight and Wood lost again to Benn. Don't exactly want him for his fighting abilities anyways. Maybe Phail Housley will actually play Beaulieu now that Scandella is out for a month+

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Closer. I have a pretty bad grasp on what a guy like Nylander has in trade value, and same for Risto honestly.

The only barometer I have is that, if I'd trip over myself running to the phone to say yes, it falls short of what we'd need to give up.
Tim Murray, is that you?

You'd throw in another first I know you would.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Tim Murray, is that you?

You'd throw in another first I know you would.
I'm not saying I'd make the trade. I'm saying that this isn't the first time that people have suggested things like Risto for Lindholm, and that this trade wouldn't be close, because Lindholm is a far superior player, and that I'm murky on whether or not a prospect nobody cares about and a late first are enough to bridge that gap.

To be honest, with how much general hate towards the team and its players that I see on this board, I'm pretty surprised that most trade proposals I see here greatly overrate those same players in trade talks.

Dahlin will easily be our best defender next year, and might be right now. Some would argue I'm foolish for just saying "might." Lindholm would keep Dahlin from this label for another season, and maybe two. I know some of his numbers suck this year, but the number of defenders I'd rather have playing in my own zone and while other teams are on the rush can be counted on one hand with missing fingers. It's not his fault the Ducks and Randy Carlyle are both steaming piles.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
What me worry? We've got the right man in charge.

DzxGPTaUwAAZBCM.jpg

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Conveniently forgot about the 1st rounder also. The trade looked great until Berglund quit.

Regardless, this trade was more of an admission that we're still a full rebuild mode which was necessitated by our former GM who gave away assets like they were Skittles.

And we pick up a 21 year old Thompson who looks like he could turn into something, a 1st rounder, Berglund who would have been a good player for younger players to watch, and basically a throw in in Sobotka.

Made sense then, and still makes sense now. This team wouldn't have been ready for success regardless.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Conveniently forgot about the 1st rounder also. The trade looked great until Berglund quit.

Regardless, this trade was more of an admission that we're still a full rebuild mode which was necessitated by our former GM who gave away assets like they were Skittles.

And we pick up a 21 year old Thompson who looks like he could turn into something, a 1st rounder, Berglund who would have been a good player for younger players to watch, and basically a throw in in Sobotka.

Made sense then, and still makes sense now. This team wouldn't have been ready for success regardless.

The trade didn't look the day it happened. Bleeding assets is bad management and the return was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad