Roster Speculation 2017-18 - Seven Deadly Roster Sins Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Pretty happy with housley so far. Like what they are trying to do as a unit. Like seeing Reinhart at center for what looks like an extended tryout.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Man, I thought Reinhart at C was going to be a breeze since everyone told me that this is the only reason he hasn't been great in his career so far...

Edit: so apparently the method for posting tweets has changed. Great.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Man, I thought Reinhart at C was going to be a breeze since everyone told me that this is the only reason he hasn't been great in his career so far...

More like getting back on track with his development, but keep doing you.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016

Yeah, that’s not what was ever implied.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Would love to see the Sabres take a look at Josh Anderson. We have the space and need a 3rd line player. Would fit nicely with our team and can pretty much be a Foligno replacement with more upside.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Would love to see the Sabres take a look at Josh Anderson. We have the space and need a 3rd line player. Would fit nicely with our team and can pretty much be a Foligno replacement with more upside.

Agree with this. I think he'd be a solid addition. I just don't know what Columbus will be looking for?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

I like when you critique Reinhart.

Last year, at center, he couldn't play defense or skate the puck out of the zone, according to you. Then he played Crosby tough at center. The best was when he skated the puck out of the zone while being hounded by Marchard, like days after you said he couldn't do it.

Tonight, he scores and played well at center.

Please, continue. He'll be an all-star starter the way you're going.

Reactions: Weaves and Aladyyn

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I think I like Larsson with Reinhart. Been on the ice a couple times together through shift changes. Larsson can think the game with Reinhart, and will do the dirty work. Add in a fast RW, and they might have something.

Kane - Eichel - Pominville
Girgensons - ROR - Okposo
Larsson - Reinhart - Bailey
Moulson - Josefsson - Nolan
xDeslauriers

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
If the chemistry issues hold and aren't just a product of half of the guys just trying to make it to the regular season unscratched, then I would like to see something along the lines of
O'Reilly - Eichel - Girgensons
Rodrigues - Reinhart - Okposo
Kane - Larsson - Pominville
Pouliot - Josefson - Nolan

Not set completely in stone, but trying to keep Sam developing at center, Kane out of the top 6, and giving Eichel people I know he can work with, which is turning out to be a real f***ing task in his young career so far.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
I think I like Larsson with Reinhart. Been on the ice a couple times together through shift changes. Larsson can think the game with Reinhart, and will do the dirty work. Add in a fast RW, and they might have something.

Larsson - Reinhart - Bailey
Moulson - Josefsson - Nolan
xDeslauriers

Where's Pouliot?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If the chemistry issues hold and aren't just a product of half of the guys just trying to make it to the regular season unscratched, then I would like to see something along the lines of
O'Reilly - Eichel - Girgensons
Rodrigues - Reinhart - Okposo
Kane - Larsson - Pominville
Pouliot - Josefson - Nolan

Not set completely in stone, but trying to keep Sam developing at center, Kane out of the top 6, and giving Eichel people I know he can work with, which is turning out to be a real ****ing task in his young career so far.

I think Okposo and Reinhart could be better than ROR-Okposo. Okposo and ROR like the puck on their sticks. Reinhart can play without it and still be effective. I think that this line-up could be effective:

Pouliot - ROR- Girgensons
Larsson - Reinhart - Okposo
Nolan - Josefsson - Moulson

Then players like Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, Nylander, etc. come up and eventually replace Kane, Pouliot, and the 4th line wingers.

Where's Pouliot?

Forgot him. Maybe Pouliot - Reinhart - Larsson.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Pouliot shouldn’t make this team. He is no longer playing like a NHLer.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I know it's only pre-season and I don't want to overreact, but I'm going to overreact and ask if we should be looking into either of Anderson or Athanasiou? Especially a guy with Athanasiou's speed who can play center or wing, and a guy like Anderson who's a big body that could possibly fit well next to one of Eichel or Reinhart.

And also, what would the cost be?

For Athanasiou, something around one of Bailey or Baptiste and a Draft Pick?

For Anderson I'm not sure because Columbus really just seems to need centers and we don't really have any equivalents unless we're talking Reinhart, but then Columbus has to add big and it becomes a much more complicated deal.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I like when you critique Reinhart.

Last year, at center, he couldn't play defense or skate the puck out of the zone, according to you. Then he played Crosby tough at center. The best was when he skated the puck out of the zone while being hounded by Marchard, like days after you said he couldn't do it.

Tonight, he scores and played well at center.

Please, continue. He'll be an all-star starter the way you're going.

One could only hope.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
The thought of getting Anderson or Athanasiou is intriguing. Im starting to think they need to make a move for a winger that can work with Jack. Right now winger depth is very bad and Kane being paired with Jack does not help one bit. In the game I saw Pouliot was bad so Id have 0 issues seeing him in the box or being waived but the same goes for Moulson... Nolan is a questionmark too (I give him a break since he has been with the team for a day and people are already shitting on him - thats not exactly fair to the guy.

If ERod is back I want to see:

ERod Jack Okposo
Girgs ROR Pomers
Kane Sam Griffith
XXX Larsson Josefson

If we get Athanasiuo somehow he cam slide in at 1LW with ERod going down to the 4LW. If we get Anderson he can go in at 3RW while Griffith could go to 4LW or 1LW depending on who between him and ERod looks better. If Anderson is good I think he may be he may even slide in next to Jack, getting Okposo back eith ROR and Pommers with Sam.

Botts, go pull off another miracle trade please.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If GMBOT plucks Athanasiou, he needs to be with Reinhart. Speed on his wing.

I'd also explore Anderson since the Sabres could use a power forward.

Assuming the Sabres trade futures:

Athanasiou - Reinhart - Anderson
Pouliot - Josefsson - Larsson
x Nolan, Moulson

That's a good forward group.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
CJ Smith has 1A 1G in the Amerks first exhibition game. He wasn't given much of a chance. I want the slow footed players off this team. Moulson can't be here. We dumped Gionta who wasn't slow, bury Moulson in the AHL.

Reactions: CacOBG

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
CJ Smith has 1A 1G in the Amerks first exhibition game. He wasn't given much of a chance. I want the slow footed players off this team. Moulson can't be here. We dumped Gionta who wasn't slow, bury Moulson in the AHL.
We don't need Smith on the roster to send Moulson down. I hope they send him down on Monday, he's bad.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The thought of getting Anderson or Athanasiou is intriguing. Im starting to think they need to make a move for a winger that can work with Jack. Right now winger depth is very bad and Kane being paired with Jack does not help one bit. In the game I saw Pouliot was bad so Id have 0 issues seeing him in the box or being waived but the same goes for Moulson... Nolan is a questionmark too (I give him a break since he has been with the team for a day and people are already ****ting on him - thats not exactly fair to the guy.

If ERod is back I want to see:

ERod Jack Okposo
Girgs ROR Pomers
Kane Sam Griffith
XXX Larsson Josefson

If we get Athanasiuo somehow he cam slide in at 1LW with ERod going down to the 4LW. If we get Anderson he can go in at 3RW while Griffith could go to 4LW or 1LW depending on who between him and ERod looks better. If Anderson is good I think he may be he may even slide in next to Jack, getting Okposo back eith ROR and Pommers with Sam.

Botts, go pull off another miracle trade please.

Sounds like Anthanasiou is getting bad advice from his agent.

If GMBOT plucks Athanasiou, he needs to be with Reinhart. Speed on his wing.

I'd also explore Anderson since the Sabres could use a power forward.

Assuming the Sabres trade futures:

Athanasiou - Reinhart - Anderson
Pouliot - Josefsson - Larsson
x Nolan, Moulson

That's a good forward group.

That's where I'd like to see him as well, given the current make up of the team. Reading what the Jackets may need and it doesn't sound like waiving nearly ready winger prospects at them is going to make them take notice.

I know it's only pre-season and I don't want to overreact, but I'm going to overreact and ask if we should be looking into either of Anderson or Athanasiou? Especially a guy with Athanasiou's speed who can play center or wing, and a guy like Anderson who's a big body that could possibly fit well next to one of Eichel or Reinhart.

And also, what would the cost be?

For Athanasiou, something around one of Bailey or Baptiste and a Draft Pick?

For Anderson I'm not sure because Columbus really just seems to need centers and we don't really have any equivalents unless we're talking Reinhart, but then Columbus has to add big and it becomes a much more complicated deal.

The fans seem to think the Jackets are looking in the middle and the point early about bundling him and Murray up to take a run at someone like Duchene rather than getting quantity back in return. Prospect wingers don't seem to do it for them either so it would probably have to be someone like Asplund and an additional draft pick type piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad